Bill OReilly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill O'Reilly is a blowhard and easily ignored. For him, its all about ratings, not any political philosophy.

SteveDiver:
I want to know why the angry forces, white and black, that mobilized to take Imus down aren't heading to Durham, N.C. to condemn the despicable wrongdoing that threatened the very freedom of the Duke players.

they did. not sure if you've heard, but the prosecutor in charge (Mike Nifong) lost his job and is about to be disbarred

if anybody but that idiot had handled the case, things would have been very different

the NC attorney general himself declared the players "innocent," (an unprecedented step)

justice has been done. it's too bad an idiot (who happened to be white) didn't get it right to begin with.

he's the real villain in this piece, not the woman who, for whaver reasons, accused these players and then changed her story

H2Andy:
they did. not sure if you've heard, but the prosecutor in charge (Mike Nifong) lost his job and is about to be disbarred

if anybody but that idiot had handled the case, things would have been very different

the NC attorney general himself declared the players "innocent," (an unprecedented step)

justice has been done. it's too bad an idiot (who happened to be white) didn't get it right to begin with.

he's the real villain in this piece, not the woman who, for whaver reasons, accused these players falsely
ANdy,
The NC A.G. was a class act when he declared those young men "Innocent". VERY rare and I was impressed.
The woman who pressed these charges though is just as bad as the DA who decided to prosicute.
AND, I want to HEAR and SEE old SHARPTOUNGE and JESSE JECKELSON apologise for all the bad press and rallies they held trying to Lynch those boys....
Those 2 are far worse than Imus ever thought of being.....and they get away with it......very hurtfull people and do not serve their communty very well at all.
Bill Cosby, VERY MUCH a "CLASS ACT"

But in real life, the boys learned a lesson. You open yourself wide open when you are dealing with women like that. Hate to say it, but it's true, they needed to learn that even if it isn't fair,... life isn't fair. I bet that lesson was worth more than their 60,ooo year Duke education.

So, maybe they will learn to limit their sex lives to people they trust or at least know? ....They were not playing Yahtzee with her. Wrong place, wrong time, not a good scene.

A much bigger lesson than that there are crooked, political lawyers out there. I am sure they already knew that.

If it was my son, thats what I would be driving home. You want a stripper? Stay in a public place.

Don't worry,
I think that those boys are going to be on the receiving end of some $$$$$$ and will have the pleasure of watching that DA get torn up.................

mrjimboalaska:
AND, I want to HEAR and SEE old SHARPTOUNGE and JESSE JECKELSON apologise...

doubt they will ... they should if they have any backbone

also, keep in mind that this is the second time Sharpton and Jackson get behind a young black woman claiming to have been sexually assaulted by white men (and this too is unfortunate, as it draws attention away from the overwhelming majority of sexual assault victims who WERE attacked)

they are so hungry for such a story that they jump all over it without pretty much bothering to take precautions, or to do a reality check, or whatever

they're not much better than Imus or O'Reilly ... just big talkers with an agenda looking to promote themselves

i really like what Catherine is saying ... sexuality is a dangerous thing, and you need to be very careful who you get sexual with (in any way).

H2Andy:

They did??? sharpston and jackson showed up and voiced their outrage regarding the Duke case? like I said it is a double standard.

Racial remarks are on the radio and on MTV which both are broadcasted however there is not outrage. CBS owns MTV however, it is acceptable for MTV to play their rapp songs but not acceptable for Imus to use words that are in most rapp songs??? Don't get me wrong what Imus said was wrong however I am glad that it did happen to bring these issues to life. I have heard the word "ho" and the "n" word over the radio in songs. I cannot understand why anybody would use the "n" word except MAYBE in a history lesson. Saying ho is very degrading to women. I think throwing that "n" word around is dishonoring to ones ancestors. How dare anyone use that word so easilythat was tied to so much pain and suffering. Instead of saying hey dude what's up; some say hey "n" whats up... and this is acceptable???? No person should EVER have to put up with such degrading remarks regardless of what media it presents it's ugly head in. sharpston and jackson need to start a movement to get some of the inapproporiate songs off of the radio and mtv......

I think throwing that "n" word around is dishonoring to ones ancestors. How dare anyone use that word so easily that was tied to so much pain and suffering.

well, I do understand how the victim re-claims the word to defuse its meaning. The word has way less power now.

I'm not saying I use it..but a bunch of guys playing basketball, white and black, calling each other that doesn't offend me. (if it doesn't offend them, why should it offend me?) In a weird way, it's part of the healing. The wounds are healing...let them.

You better know what you're doing though....not a safe word for white people to throw around.

The nuances of language are fascinating.

SteveDiver:
They did??? sharpston and jackson showed up and voiced their outrage regarding the Duke case? like I said it is a double standard.

why are you confusing these people with people who really count and who act reasonably? and whose behavior is worth emulating?

i don't understand ... it's like asking Charles Manson to behave like the Pope

there are idiots in all walks of life. forget them

listen to the non-idiots who actually get things done, like getting Imus off the air and Nifong fired. those are the people who count.

has it really come to such a point that you can't tell the difference between Sharpton and Jackon and Imus and O'Reilly and people like the president of CBS and the attorney general for North Carolina?

has it come to such a point that the worst lyrics in music are our standard of what is and is not acceptable?

H2Andy:
doubt they will ... they should if they have any backbone

also, keep in mind that this is the second time Sharpton and Jackson get behind a young black woman .

I just had a visual...thanks a lot....:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom