Bimini Econo Buster!!! $999 Dec 2010 and Jan 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OEXCharters

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OEX Charters Brings you the Econo Buster!!!!

Only $999

Choose between Dec 2-6 2010 or Jan 20-24 2011

All our Econo Buster trips leave Thursday at 11:59 PM, wake up Friday morning in Bimini, Dive all day Fri and Sat, half day Sunday and return to dock in Pompano Sunday at 6:00 PM. You may stay aboard the boat Sunday night!!!! No need to get a hotel room for the night!!!

All trips include:

• All linen & bedding
  • Entertainment center
  • Airport Pick up & Drop off
  • Check out Dives and Instruction available!!
  • Fully air conditioned
  • Gourmet chef
  • Tanks & weights
  • Nitrox available ($100 for the trip up to EAN32)
  • Trimix available (Priced by the CuFt.)
  • All meals, snacks & non alcoholic beverages
*Does not include Bahamian customs fees or airfare to point of departure in Pompano Beach FL.

Last edited:
I assume that this is some kind of special that your running? Well i really don't think that the prices are special. Estimating 10 dives max that is $100 per dive! I really think your prices are out of line with today's economy.

I assume that this is some kind of special that your running? Well i really don't think that the prices are special. Estimating 10 dives max that is $100 per dive! I really think your prices are out of line with today's economy.

It's probably closer to 12 dives, assuming 5 days Fri, 5 dives Sat and then 2 on Sunday before departure.

Add in rooms for three nights and include all meals and that per dive price comes down a bit.

CD, it's hard to convince some that 8 meals, 5 snacks, 4 nights lodging, and a boat trip 60 miles across the gulf stream to a foreign country shouldn't be compared to a day boat. Whatever. I think it's a great deal, when you consider all of the other stuff you get on a liveaboard aside from diving, it brings the dives down to about 25 bucks each.

The price doesn't seem like a value to me, unless the accommodations are on a luxury yacht, and I'm not interested in a luxury yacht on a dive trip.

I can fly to Nassau or Freeport (avoiding the Gulf Stream) and spend 6 days diving the Bahamas on a Blackbeard's liveaboard for $799, all the food you can eat, snacks, lots of diving (no nitrox, though). I'm just saying....

The price doesn't seem like a value to me, unless the accommodations are on a luxury yacht, and I'm not interested in a luxury yacht on a dive trip.

I can fly to Nassau or Freeport (avoiding the Gulf Stream) and spend 6 days diving the Bahamas on a Blackbeard's liveaboard for $799, all the food you can eat, snacks, lots of diving (no nitrox, though). I'm just saying....

It's $899 and then you have airfare to add and no nitrox available :ijs:

It's $899 and then you have airfare to add and no nitrox available :ijs:

They run a $799 special during the winter. Does OEX pay for airfare? I only see pickup to/from the aiport. Nitrox would be a nice upgrade, though. :)

To answer the questions and comments.

You do not need to fly to Nassau or Freeport we pick you up at the airport in Ft Lauderdale, and bring you to the boat in Pompano Beach.

We are not a luxury yacht but we are a comfortable, clean, US Coast Guard Approved dive boat with all of the necessary safety equipment for divers, often with a paramedic on crew. We limit ourselves to only 8 live a board divers per Bimini trip, so you will have a low crew to guest ratio. The berths are roomy and comfortable with linens and bedding provided, fully air conditioned, you will get a good nights rest. The bathrooms are large, and have plenty of room to shower comfortably in with all towels provided. The dive deck is roomy enough for 20 divers and our max on these trips is 8 divers. We have an entertainment center, and freshly prepared food.

Price, based on the fact that we used to charge 1300-1400 for this trip its a good deal.

We dive up to 13 times conditions permitting.

We will support technical divers as well as blend any nitrox or trimix you want (certification permitting). We also offer all levels of training.

Last but not least we will go to locations off the beaten path and have a 16ft RIB for getting to hard to reach locations and as a safety boat.

The only additional fees you will have are for gasses besides air, equipment rentals, training classes you want, Bahamian government fees and alcoholic beverages.

We do not have a fuel surcharge!!!

Last edited:
They run a $799 special during the winter. Does OEX pay for airfare? I only see pickup to/from the aiport. Nitrox would be a nice upgrade, though. :)

You missed my point, there are no non-stop flights from DFW to Nassau (or Freeport) so you'd have to fly to PBI/FLL/MIA and then take a second additional flight to get to Blackbeard's boat.

Hi there. My husband and I are potentially considering this trip, but have a few questions:

What are the sleeping quarters like? Dorm style, dual occupancy, other?

Your website mentions water capacity. But it doesn't mention if that is fresh water or salt water?

I believe I saw there are 2 bathrooms on the boat, correct? Are they shared amongst all passengers and crew?

Back
Top Bottom