Black skirt mask owners, quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you folks who purchase masks online know it fits you? Do you spend an hour or so in a shop picking out exactly what you want and then search for the best online price?

I got lucky that the one i wanted (and bought used online) happened to fit. I personally would not use a local store as my fitting room without any intention of buying.

How do you folks who purchase masks online know it fits you?

In my case I didn't know if it would fit or not. I read a lot of good reviews about the Hog mask and hey it was only $20. I figured if it didn't fit, back it goes.

How do you folks who purchase masks online know it fits you? Do you spend an hour or so in a shop picking out exactly what you want and then search for the best online price?

As if any of the local shops carry Hog.... and as-if I'd have to go online if they did. Hog MAP prices are actually reasonable. I get better deals occasionally but I'd pay retail at an LDS if they carried Hog.

I might have tried a buddies, I don't recall. I dove with a lot of people last year.

I do have 8 and 10 y/o girls who love to have toys for the pool so maybe I just took a chance.

Personally I've worn a number of masks over the years and I never really have a hard time finding one that works for me.

I bought the Hog as a backup because of price. I didn't care to much about fit. However it has replaced my main mask. It's small but comfortable as can be and easily adjustable.

Thanks everyone, I'll hold onto the one Leisurepro sent over!

I prefer a black skirt every day of the week. I never got tunnel vision and you get much better focus. If you're concerned about it though, maybe you could consider this mask: TUSA Unisex Visio Tri-Ex Mask - Sport Chalet (or if you already have that other mask maybe upgrade to this one later)

Tusa makes a black skirt with clear windows to give you more peripheral vision. This was my first mask I bought, and I loved it. Now I use a low profile Halcyon mask because I didn't need the window anymore. With all masks, the most important feature is comfort and the seal so try before you buy. Happy, safe diving!

I prefer a black skirt every day of the week. I never got tunnel vision and you get much better focus. If you're concerned about it though, maybe you could consider this mask: TUSA Unisex Visio Tri-Ex Mask - Sport Chalet (or if you already have that other mask maybe upgrade to this one later)

Tusa makes a black skirt with clear windows to give you more peripheral vision. This was my first mask I bought, and I loved it. Now I use a low profile Halcyon mask because I didn't need the window anymore. With all masks, the most important feature is comfort and the seal so try before you buy. Happy, safe diving!

Thanks Tyler, again! When I first purchased my dive gear, I tried that Tusa mask at an LDS. The lady there was trying to get me fitted properly. It felt fairly nice, but something was off about it (hard to explain, but basically it felt like one side didn't fit as well as the other). Ultimately I went with another mask that fit great.

Back
Top Bottom