Black vs. clear skirt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
only Dork Divers (tm) use clear skirts

(and if you're a chick, boys dig you)

plus i hate the way snot looks through a clear skirt

uhh if your a chick and you want the boys to dig you, try the clear skirt........:eyebrow:

Hey Vegan,
As you can probably tell, this is pretty much a personal preference, and that fit is more important. I personally didn't notice much of a difference, and use a clear skirted mask only because that's the only way that the mask I like is offered. My wife, who tends to get a little claustrophobic with all the gear on, much prefers the clear skirted mask.

Regards,

Gary

Black for me. The reasons have mostly been stated above. I dont like that the clear yellows over time.

The "Little Black Mask" (LBM) is considered by many divers to be an essential part of a complete diving wardrobe. It is a well-known "rule of fashion" that every diver should own a simple, elegant black mask that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. For example, a simple black mask could be worked into an evening DIR dive ensemble with bungie necklace and long hose; or, when combined with a neon snorkle, colorful neoprene strap and extra large dive knife, the same mask could be worn to a daytime DORK beach outing. The key to its importance is that because it is simple, it is classic and can be worn for many years. - Chris

I prefer black, I have used clear silicone before but I tend to much light entering the mask bothers my eyes .
I like the black silicone mask much better.

Matt_NJ:
uhh if your a chick and you want the boys to dig you, try the clear skirt........:eyebrow:

And if you are NOT a chick, and still wants the boys to dig you, wear the pink skirt.

Black. Clear doesn't stay clear - it yellows. Plus the snot issue. Ick.

Also, as mentioned, black skirts are better for photography since they minimize light entering from the side while you try to focus on the camera.

I hate clear because of the extraneous reflections that occur on MY SIDE of the mask. :( Black does not allow light in from the sides so I don't see my baby blues reflected in the pane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom