Blaine sets worth record breath hold...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw it, recognize it and commend him on this accomplishment. He broke the record of a guy that also used O2. As was mentioned this is a world record in its own category. His heart rate response was a little intriguing.

17 minutes is a very long time between breaths. I don't care what you're breathing.

I'd like to see somebody try to waterboard *him*.

The record category allows up to 30 min of 02 saturation and he only used 23 minutes of 02! As stated 17 minutes between breaths is a long time!

And it is a good thing to starve your brain and body of oxygen for this long? I'm quite happy that I can hold my breath for 2 minutes and still have a few functioning brain cells left.

So what are you saying about whales & Dolphins?:wink: You know the Mammalian Reflex it protects the Brain!:eyebrow:

Ill just stick to Scuba and Rebreathers. Strap my RB on my back and we'll see how long I can stay down for.

Is anyone a little dubious about this?
Let us not forget: Mr. Blaine is an illusionist.
Maybe through rigorous training, he can exceed an apnea time posted by serious freedivers who have been doing this all their lives.
Myself, I'm a air-tank guy so I do not claim expertise in the field.
But...

Just curious what thoughts are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom