Block Island Wrecks... 9/7/02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to start this thread because I didn't want to deal with pm's to everyone.

The charter is full for this one... Northeastwrecks, myself, Spectre, and KKMatt.

Matt... there's a web site with directions... Ninigret Divers

Basically, same route to jamestown... but do NOT get on Rt. 138... stay on Rt. 1. We know how I am with mileage... but it's approx. 18-20 miles past the rt.138 exit.

I know Matt will have air... Not sure what wrecks we might do... Dan had suggested ean32, but since one of us will be on air, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Matt was wondering if there's room for a non-diver... I'll let Dan ask Jim about that. Think she'll buy that it is custom for the non-diver to load all the gear onto the boat???:wink:

Anyone want to meet for a nice greasy breakfast:eek:
Macdonalds is a couple miles towards Westerly, RI... and there's a bagel place another mile or 3 further. We can try and perfect the Msilvia method of seasickness.

I'll call Jim tomorrow morning and post the result.

Whether there is room is primarily dependent on the vessel loading.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming that everyone is diving singles (doubles make a huge difference in terms of available space because they don't fit in the racks and weigh twice as much).

I'm afraid that I'll need to pass on breakfast. However, lunch and/or deco beverages afterwards would be great. Anyone up for it?

Air will not be a problem. We can adjust for that easily enough by running the bottom time off of the air divers' tables/computers. In addition, I'll try to run some tables for air dives.

Regardless, I'll be on EAN32 (unless I can score some 30/30:D ) with an EAN50 hang bottle.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming that everyone is diving singles (doubles make a huge difference in terms of available space because they don't fit in the racks and weigh twice as much).

I don't remember what the deal was with my rig, but it didn't fit in the racks last time, so it had to stay on the deck.

I'm afraid that I'll need to pass on breakfast. However, lunch and/or deco beverages afterwards would be great. Anyone up for it?

I definately could be into that!

Air will not be a problem. We can adjust for that easily enough by running the bottom time off of the air divers' tables/computers. In addition, I'll try to run some tables for air dives.

I'll probably end up bringing air 'cause of the cost [until I get me some clean tanks].... depending on the depth. Dan, we're doing the Idene and a shallower one right? [so we're not trying something new while breaking KKMatt in?] If that's the case, 24 mins @ 90 w/ air is just about on target anyway...

My plan for the Idene'll be 24 minutes [or whatever my computer tables out to (currently 21 minutes)], or 1100 psi, whichever's first, than bouyancy practice to 500psi.

Singles...but will 8" tanks fit in his holders? Plus my al40 bailout.

Jeff... I don't remember why your rig didn't fit, either.

Heard from another boat that the mooring on the Idene is still missing... Think we can hook the line where the mooring broke again??

raxafarian once bubbled...

Heard from another boat that the mooring on the Idene is still missing... Think we can hook the line where the mooring broke again??

Hopefully not! While it came off pretty easy, I think we might have gotten lucky :)

Good Morning.

I don't know whether the LP95's will fit in the racks. It will be close as my HP120's are pushing it in terms of their diameter.

I just got off the phone with Jim. The Bubble Watcher is welcome. I believe that the bubble watcher fee is $30.00.

The weather is predicted to be decent. Winds out of the Northwest at 10 - 15 mph with 1 - 3 ft seas.

Jim and I agreed to speak again on Friday night to confirm that the weather is holding. I'll PM, post and call (if I have your numbers) if there is a problem. If you don't hear from me, we are on.

I agree with the plan to dive the Idene and something shallower (Mary Arnold, Progress or Heroine come to mind). Jim has confirmed the proposed dive sites.

I have no problem with the proposed bottom times. I note that, according to my planner, an air dive using the proposed plan calls for a 1 minute stop at 30 fsw and a 1 minute stop at 20. Of course, additional time at 20 is not a problem.

Good Morning.

I don't know whether the LP95's will fit in the racks. It will be close as my HP120's are pushing it in terms of their diameter.

I just got off the phone with Jim. The Bubble Watcher is welcome. I believe that the bubble watcher fee is $30.00.

The weather is predicted to be decent. Winds out of the Northwest at 10 - 15 mph with 1 - 3 ft seas.

Jim and I agreed to speak again on Friday night to confirm that the weather is holding. I'll PM, post and call (if I have your numbers) if there is a problem. If you don't hear from me, we are on.

I agree with the plan to dive the Idene and something shallower (Mary Arnold, Progress or Heroine come to mind). Jim has confirmed the proposed dive sites.

I have no problem with the proposed bottom times. I note that, according to my planner, an air dive using the proposed plan calls for a 1 minute stop at 30 fsw and a 1 minute stop at 20. Of course, additional time at 20 is not a problem.

what are you using... decoplanner? I have that and dplan (I'll bring my palm).... I'll print a couple of tables too... just to make sure I'm using the program correctly... I can compare 'em to yours.

The weather guesscast changes hourly... I guess Ed and gang from scubashack got blown out last sat. (since I saw him at Ft. wetherill)... hopefully we'll have better luck.

raxafarian once bubbled...

what are you using... decoplanner? I have that and dplan (I'll bring my palm).... I'll print a couple of tables too... just to make sure I'm using the program correctly... I can compare 'em to yours.

The weather guesscast changes hourly... I guess Ed and gang from scubashack got blown out last sat. (since I saw him at Ft. wetherill)... hopefully we'll have better luck.

I am using decoplanner. I don't have DPlan, although I am considering the purchase.

I was supposed to dive with Ed and company last weekend. I decided to stay home when it changed from a boat dive to a shore dive due to the weather.

Last weekend, the winds were out of the Northeast. All of the wrecks we dive are exposed to this wind. According to Jim, the swells were running at about 6 feet last weekend.

Hopefully, the wind direction will hold and we will be good to go.

Obviously it all depends on the algorithm. PADI tables are 24 minutes at 90 [if I remember correctly]. I generally dive the tables my computer'll cut for me, which is a little more conservative than PADI. Run 21 mins through your planner and see what that comes out to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom