Blue Angel breakfast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree...having breakfast at 7am at Casa Mexicana and then trying to get to Tres Pelicanos by 7:40 is a rushed, unpleasant affair.

That's one of the reasons I stay at a B&B where the host gets up early and fixes me wonderful local dishes for breakfast and is only a couple of blocks from the dive shop. :yeahbaby:

FWIW, I think the restaurant is a big plus at Blue Angel. I have stayed there on occasion (when I felt lazy :)) and treated it like an AI even though I really enjoy the food scene in Coz.

I agree...having breakfast at 7am at Casa Mexicana and then trying to get to Tres Pelicanos by 7:40 is a rushed, unpleasant affair.
I can't remember his name but the when the guy that usually runs the show is off they are usually late at getting the food out. I didn't see him last week and they were late getting started each day. I admit the food does not live up to the hype but it is pretty good especially when you consider the price you pay for some of the rooms.

We love the BA breakfasts!! We usually put in our order right at 7a (I love the banana smoothies, while the S.O. loves the chilaquiles), then head downstairs to get our gear ready and check our nitrox fills.It's ready when we are done with our prep work, and we can enjoy a leisurely breakfast. Then it's off to the boat for a wonderful day!

I still think it's funny that the thread originator is basing his hotel choice on breakfast. Blue Angel's biggest advantage is its dock an easy stone throw from the hotel & cafe. Too bad they paved over the animals in the room floors.

Not sure what you mean "paved over the animals" but all the rooms we have stayed in still have them.
20160520_175152.jpg

And they have the best breakfast in my opinion. We do not care for buffets that much and if I wanted a hotel with a buffet i would go to Cozumel Resort, the location, pool and having water access is much better.

Not sure what you mean "paved over the animals" but all the rooms we have stayed in still have them.View attachment 470457

And they have the best breakfast in my opinion. We do not care for buffets that much and if I wanted a hotel with a buffet i would go to Cozumel Resort, the location, pool and having water access is much better.
Great! I'd thought I'd read that they'd covered those. I am happy to be wrong.

A couple of posters described the CM breakfast buffet as "ordinary" or "nothing special". So just for interest what is "special" as far as breakfast goes? Hopefully it's something I've never eaten or cooked.

dlofting, "something special" for breakfast probably means different things to different people. My husband and I have eaten at breakfast "buffets" in Las Vegas, too many hotels to remember and many different places in Mexico and especially Cozumel. We have stayed and had the buffet at the Casa Mexicana and while OK, it was no better than the buffet at the Hotel Cozumel Resort. We never eat the buffet eggs because they just sit there sometimes for a long period of time and we always use the omelette station as they are fresh and made to order. Berta at the Coz. Resort is the best "omelette chef" we have found in Cozumel (here again, this is just our opinion). Every time we stayed at the CM, the breakfast seemed to never started on time and took quit a while to get up to speed.

To us, special, means something like the Blue Angel's eggs benedict or Rockin Java's Johnny Lee breakfast (it has biscuits and gravy to die for). Plus, when on vacation, we kind of like to sit down, have someone take our order, bring us food and not have to fight the line cutters, snot nose kids pilfering through the food and what sometimes appear to be vultures at the buffet lines. Now, in a buffet, you do have quite a variety of different items to try, but we generally know what we want and just like to order that item.

I agree with @scubatree. We don't stay at CM but have gone there a couple times for the breakfast buffet and both my wife and I think it is just okay. Our first time going to the CM breakfast was a big disappointment because our expectations were high because of all the hype on this board. Now we go expecting a "decent" breakfast and all is good. For a sit down breakfast Rockin Java is hard to beat, Amparo's has great breakfasts also, I'll need to try BA breakfast on our next trip in Oct.

I’d have to agree the CM breakfast is not spectacular but pretty solid, as I only order omelettes and cook to order eggs and really enjoy the fruits. That’s all I’ll eat there. Maybe some waffles.

But of course, all the other perks of staying at CM just work for us, being downtown and close to restaurants and our dive op, having the breakfast included in the room rate, and being able to flush toilet paper down the toilet.

But having said all that, the breakfast isn’t “spectacular”.

I am still amazed that we have a breakfast thread, but each to his/her own priorities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom