Blue Angel breakfast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you show up at 7AM for CM breakfast, how long do you generally have to wait? Debating on staying at CM or maybe Blue Angel but if I stay at CM I would need to be at 3P a block or so away at 7:40AM. The free breakfast isn't worth much if I have to be at the dive shop before they actually serve it...
You can get to eating something right around 7 and make it to 3P w/o issue. Yes it's rushed a bit and it's not my favorite, but the island just doesn't wake up early (aside from the diving businesses) and that's part of the charm.

I think the poster have adequately covered this subject, Island time is what it is.

If you show up at 7AM for CM breakfast, how long do you generally have to wait? Debating on staying at CM or maybe Blue Angel but if I stay at CM I would need to be at 3P a block or so away at 7:40AM. The free breakfast isn't worth much if I have to be at the dive shop before they actually serve it...
Most times I eat there it starts at 7, it was a little late getting started my last trip. Even starting late I have time to eat, stop by my room at Suites Bahia to pick up my stuff, and get to the Aldora pier by 7:20'ish. I am a fast eater and just select what is on the buffet though.

Most times I eat there it starts at 7, it was a little late getting started my last trip. Even starting late I have time to eat, stop by my room at Suites Bahia to pick up my stuff, and get to the Aldora pier by 7:20'ish. I am a fast eater and just select what is on the buffet though.
Too fast! Or didn't eat much.

I did exactly that for one trip. Never again. After that trip, we started making our own breakfasts. Some fruit. A microwaved quesadilla. Coffee. That's all I need anyway.

I have stayed at Casa Mex at least a dozen times. Have never had an issue with late breakfast , coffee is in the lobby at 6:00. I grab a table at about 6:55 buffet opens at 7 maybe 7:05 have breakfast and walk down to the Aldora pier for 7:30 pick up. While its not exactly leisurely I never felt overly rushed.

When I stay at CM I can eat breakfast and easily be somewhere at 7:30. Never takes more than ten minutes. It isn't steak, I don't have to chew each bite for a minute or chew once every 5 seconds or stare off into space ruminating 30 seconds between bites. Shovel it in, chew quickly, swallow, get on with it. Have an extra leisurely dinner to make up for it.

My traditional breakfast on diving and fishing mornings is a peanut butter and strawberry preserves sandwich on toast with a glass of OJ.

We stayed and ate at BA for years. Made the switch about 4 years ago to CM. For us there is absolutely no comparison, CM is much better. Now in all fairness... maybe BA has gotten better since we left? But overall, CM is much better for us than BA with regards to breakfast (which is included in the price of the room. When we left BA it wasn't) and lodging. We also have NEVER had a problem being ready at 7:45 for diving. We are at the eggs to order line promptly at 7, 7:05 at the latest. "Santa" always takes care of us!! The whole staff there, Jaime, Jimmy, Gustavo, Santa, Elizabeth...etc.. are just fantastic. Now, I can see where it could be an issue if you saunter down to get in line at 7:15. That being said, I've never heard any of the divers in the restaurant complain about not making dives because of any restaurant issues.

Back
Top Bottom