Blue Angel/SCC Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are gratuities for the resort staff handled at each resort? When we dove at CoCo View, we basically took a percentage of the package price and put it in an envelope to give the front desk at the end of the week.

I tipped the DM/captain when diving each day. I tipped the waiters/cook at the hotel after each meal. I tipped the maid daily and a small gift the last day. I gave a small gift to the girl at the front desk when leaving. Not sure who else I missed, except maybe the guys in the dive shop.
Don't know about them.

How are gratuities for the resort staff handled at each resort? When we dove at CoCo View, we basically took a percentage of the package price and put it in an envelope to give the front desk at the end of the week.

it all depends... at ScubaClubCoz they expect you to tip at the end of week, they have envelopes at office, one envelope per boat, one for DM, one for restaurant staff, one for hotel staff.... :(

Wife and I have booked at BA for May! Thanks everyone for the insight- we're really looking forward to it. I've been scouring the forums for tips/tricks/ideas but if anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Mapchick's map ordered too, looking forward to receiving that.

Wife and I have booked at BA for May! Thanks everyone for the insight- we're really looking forward to it. I've been scouring the forums for tips/tricks/ideas but if anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Mapchick's map ordered too, looking forward to receiving that.
What are your dates? Have you added yourself to the May list? I'll be at BA May 1-11.

At SCC, we tip via the envelopes at the end of the week except for the housekeepers, who we tip on a daily basis.

Same here. And we did get our towel animals, which got more and more elaborate as the week went on!:)

Now that we're booked, any tips/tricks for first time travelers to Cozumel? We ordered the mapchick map, bought a lonely planet dive guide... Any firsthand experience from the forum?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom