Blue Angel Staff Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the email from Jeanie as well. Not sure of all the politics. I did dive with Jorge and he is great. He keeps an eye on things but allows those skilled enough to do their own thing. There were other staff that I thought did a good job as well. Eva seams to have a good combination of dive operator, food and hotel. They are also running an affordable food package. I just booked another trip for first of Oct.Anyone heard if the hurricane had any impact at all?

I gree with you about the dive operators that have no business here. I have seen the one bluextseadiving and will not dive at that op. And when we go diving we dive four to five times a day. I have enough drama here, when I go on holidays, its to get away from all that.

So you wouldn't dive with that op because she is defending a valued colleague and peer? It's easy for people to get riled up when they are defending someone they respect. In a similar situation, you'd probably react the same. There is always some drama however, I don't believe that the drama would extend to you while on vacation unless you went looking...

Anyone heard if the hurricane had any impact at all?
It didn't even get close, and the next one is headed for the Azores and Portugal. :cool:

at201208_5day.gif

I am posting this here as BA does not have their own Facebook page. i have calmed down now and would hope that BA and Tres can deal with this between them. I love Cozumel for the people, they are so friendly. Maybe it just the locals, alot of us could take some of that and make this a better world. i love the diving, but it is also the locals that keep me coming back. I have friends at both shops now, its to bad that things have to change. But thats life. And when I come down again i will go to both dive ops and say hello. Hello to all at Blue Angel, Jorge, Martin, Jose, Eva, Andra, on and on. And Tres is Jeanie and Pony. I also hope to meet Steve. Who those that think these places or just a business, these places also have people that are my friends.

---------- Post Merged at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:44 PM ----------

And I wish both shops lots of luck, you have something alot of people do not have. A great job and a great place to live. I love Mexico and the people. And I do still recommend BA. Jeanie and Eva have been very good, by only making one statement. Thats being professional. And I respect both for keeping it that way. As if they had gone off the deep end i would not be going to either dive op. Again good luck to both and I hope this is the end of all this, and if not. Its done for me. Again Hello to everyone at Blue Angel, Tres and Mateo and family. I miss Cozumel and always look forward to coming back.

---------- Post Merged at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Good food and good people, makes it family.

I gree with you about the dive operators that have no business here. I have seen the one bluextseadiving and will not dive at that op. And when we go diving we dive four to five times a day. I have enough drama here, when I go on holidays, its to get away from all that.

Vince, I am pretty sure that we can all deduce that you were never planning to dive with my operation anyway. I hope you are using nitrox!

---------- Post Merged at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Ok, I went to their web page and it kept taking to Blue Angel scuba School, I hope Eva corrects that. Thank you

You mean where you have done 90% of your dive training?

BTW - your assumptions and accusations are way off base.

Of the two dive ops in question, who can hold their breath the longest (on land of course)?

Then let it go, and never assume. I love to dive, and love to meet people. I watch for what people are saying about dive ops, why I changed my mind is, this whole thing is BA and Tres issue. Professional people should keep thier comments to closed discussion. Cozumel is suppose to be this great place to be, and all this is just bad PR.

---------- Post Merged at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Of the two dive ops in question, who can hold their breath the longest (on land of course)?

Thanks for the humor, made me laugh. and that is nice for a change here.

Last edited:
Ok, I went to their web page and it kept taking to Blue Angel scuba School, I hope Eva corrects that. Thank you
I'm confused but trying to help you find what you want. You said...
I am posting this here as BA does not have their own Facebook page.
So I gave it to you. Now if you want a web page, they seem to have two...
Blue Angel Resort | Hotel : Restaurant : Dive Shop
Cozumel Diving | Cozumel Vacation | Dive Packages
I do not know if both are current and full operational, but they got 'em - and several pages on TripAdvisor, even tho I do not like TA.

I think mostly this was a minor issue, quickly settled, really a local thing on the island much more than for us - no problem, no hurricane, no real discussion. These things happen here.

just-let-it-go.jpg

Back
Top Bottom