Blue Angel vs. Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thought the first site was their resort and the second the dive centre? Not giving the price is another way to make me go elsewhere. SCC doesn't give all prices either.
The second site mentions it. But they hide it 50 or so lines below the prices.
Well, noting that prices and/or fees are extra is reasonable enough, over here anyway. I don't know much about European pricing and taxes.

Not making prices easily available is a choice those two resorts made, true - that I don't care for either, and I simply prefer cheaper hotels. I thot your original accusation was in error, but we seem to feel similarly about pricing and prices.

I don't know where you are exactly, what your home language may be, or whether translating to English for us mono-language Americans may lead to some confusion - but hope you have a great trip. It's a very long one for you. Let us know if we can help you plan it for success.

#SCC Promotes dolphin captivity on their home page.

Well, actually, they are promoting swimming with dolphins, and it's not on the home page, as far as I can see. For what it is worth, I went swimming with dolphins once. At Dolphins Plus in Key Largo. Our primary companion was a deaf dolphin from California, rescued when on the verge of death because it could not and still cannot navigate or survive in the wild. The other dolphins were used primarily for child mental health therapy. Mere captivity is not, IMHO, a valid criterion for rejection of the condition.

Well, actually, they are promoting swimming with dolphins, and it's not on the home page
No difference in this case, where do you think they are swimming with them...? And I am guessing they have no shows either...
It is under the what to see and do in Cozumel. "An experience of a lifetime".

Our primary companion was a deaf dolphin from California, rescued when on the verge of death because it could not and still cannot navigate or survive in the wild.
Do you think this is the case for 999/1000 or 1/1000...? And besides, saving it doesn't give you the right to exploit it afterwards.

I dont see how anyone could say the Scuba Club promotes dolphin captivity............

I dont see how anyone could say the Scuba Club promotes dolphin captivity............

That's easy. If they are promoting the Dolphin Discovery facility on their website (which they are...see "attractions" or something to that effect), ergo, they are promoting dolphin captivity. No two ways about it.

OP forgot two cons that made me take both of them off my list of potential hotels/dive operators.

#SCC Promotes dolphin captivity on their home page.

#BA tries to trick their customers by, contrary to all the other operators, giving prices without taxes. And hide that they do this.
FWIW, I know the folks at Blue Angel pretty well, and trickery is not part of their business plan, despite how you may have interpreted what you saw on line. Just about any hotel in the world has a rack rate and negotiated rates, anyway.

But if you don't want to stay there, that's OK with me. Reservations are already hard enough to get. :D

But if you don't want to stay there, that's OK with me. Reservations are already hard enough to get. :D

+1 more room for the believers!

Come on people, get real! If you're going to blame someone for dolphin captivity, blame me. I wrote the majority of the content on that page when I built the first website for Scuba Club Cozumel over ten years ago. This was long before any of us knew about Taiji and before most of us had any opinions about the topic of dolphin captivity. That page of the website was originally written to show prospective visitors that there is a lot more to do in Cozumel than just dive. The problem is that nobody, including me, has looked at the content on that page since. You do make a good point and I'm going to suggest to the managers of Scuba Club Cozumel that we do remove that. I'm sure that they will agree. So you can stop speculating about how horrible those people at Scuba Club Cozumel must be. They don't hate dolphins. They really are very nice people who run a very nice resort and dive operation. No two ways about it!

To UWPhotographer:

And global warming. You wrote about global warming, so that's your fault too! :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom