Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenny, thanks for diving with us at the bridge again. Between you and BoP from Oz (affectionately now known as The Blue Heron Beeper !) you two have some of the sharpest eyes for the unusual and the tiny.

The bridge was also the perfect place to try out my new Kraken double hose reg for the first time! A long slow, nearly 3 hour dive, just poking along was the very best way to test the new regulator, and the set up I chose.

Until my next trip down your way :cheers: Thank you.

You're welcome, my friend. Always a pleasure diving with you. Look forward to your next visit..

A few jellies today, erh, yesterday. Not bad..

Thanks buddy but why all the talk about jellies? Am I missing something?

They got REALLY bad last year. I mean really bad. There were hundreds under the east bridge alone being funneled through in the current. It was a nightmare. It was like that scene in Finding Nemo where they raced through the Jellies, right before they met Crush. A few is fine, hundreds is not. BTW: They weren't just at the bridge, they were in full force on the boat dives as well. As the boats came to pick you up, they'd be chopping the jellies up and when you got on the boat your face would be stinging.

If that happens again this year, I'm not going under the bridges, I'll go look for things in the sand for 2 hours.

We went yesterday and found a ton of baitfish, along with 84 degree water and 30 or more feet of viz!! IMG_6577.jpg
Our dive buddy William got a shiny new Faber tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom