Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got REALLY bad last year. I mean really bad. There were hundreds under the east bridge alone being funneled through in the current. It was a nightmare. It was like that scene in Finding Nemo where they raced through the Jellies, right before they met Crush. A few is fine, hundreds is not. BTW: They weren't just at the bridge, they were in full force on the boat dives as well. As the boats came to pick you up, they'd be chopping the jellies up and when you got on the boat your face would be stinging.

If that happens again this year, I'm not going under the bridges, I'll go look for things in the sand for 2 hours.

I guess it is that time of the year. Here in the upper keys some dive sites were so thick with them. We had to pass on Alligator reef because there were so many JF we almost couldn't see the bottom

I guess it is that time of the year. Here in the upper keys some dive sites were so thick with them. We had to pass on Alligator reef because there were so many JF we almost couldn't see the bottom

We dove the East side of BHB today. Good conditions.... viz about 20' or so, temp 84 with a few moon jellies and some chopped up pieces. I got a couple of zaps on the face. Viz dropped after the tide turned but still very doable. Saw a couple of seahorses and the usual critters. A nice 2 1/2 hour dive. Not as many divers as usual for a Saturday.

Awwwhh good news, Diva.. maybe will be finally able to get a parking spot on the weekend..

We had a very nice dive at BHB east side today. Water temp was great and viz was good at around 20'. My wife and I dove with our buddies, Jim and Carol. Here is a Seahorse that Jim found, and I was lucky enough to have a good footing for a steady shot with the GoPro. My first post, but read the thread all the time!
[video=youtube;7iiWJrmtMiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iiWJrmtMiQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Love how the seahorse and the feather duster match!

We had a very nice dive at BHB east side today. Water temp was great and viz was good at around 20'. My wife and I dove with our buddies, Jim and Carol. Here is a Seahorse that Jim found, and I was lucky enough to have a good footing for a steady shot with the GoPro. My first post, but read the thread all the time!
[video=youtube;7iiWJrmtMiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iiWJrmtMiQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So, you are a lurker........ :cool2:

WH,

What I like best about the seahorse video (beyond the stable platform and great exposure/white balance) is that the critter is ignoring us and gettin' on with feeding, etc. We were fortunate to be able to watch seahorse life unfold for a moment!

I agree, it's MUCH better than a shot someone gets because they are molesting the creature. I also liked how the video slowly panned back.

---------- Post added September 15th, 2014 at 01:37 PM ----------

Seems like a lot of seahorse sightings lately. My 5 week hiatus from being in the water ends Monday! *sigh*

Seems like a lot of seahorse sightings lately. My 5 week hiatus from being in the water ends Monday! *sigh*

Jeez MrChen, you may need re-trolling!

Yep, we saw 2 seahorses today, Ro found one, and her best buddy William the other; the 2 newest divers among us! Those young people have superb eyesight and the rest of us needed the help!!:blessing: Viz today 15ft and green. Temp 84 with occasional 86's according to Suunto.

IMG_6632.jpgIMG_6635.jpg

Last edited:
My spotter and I did the afternoon dive Monday after a couple Goliath grouper dives in Boynton Beach.
Was surprised vis was fairly good, around 20 feet with a consistent 86 degrees, however when the tide turned it brought out some of the worst water we've seen looking like milk but with lots of stinging bits. Temp dropped to 82 and I escaped with only 5 or 6 welts on my face.
The usual array of critters on the west side but no nudies or octos strangely.
Still fun, we haven't done an early afternoon dive in a while.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom