Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy busy this morning. I got there 2 hrs early and didn't have front row parking. I managed to stay away from the hordes of divers and classes and had a nice 2.5hr solo dive.
found this sea slug. I think it's a warty seaslug. But not sure about that or what was going on. In the first pic it appears there are two, but the smaller one did not move. The other curious thing was it was asymmetrical, possibly hurt?
11152333_10152775773638531_1231804129942184614_n.jpg

I didn't have a permit to park, the only person that spoke to me was someone from a LDS. He pulled up, asked me if I was permitted, and told me that police will ticket 75 dollars for each person in the vehicle, tow your car, AND can confiscate your dive gear. I am sure all those things *could* happen, but I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the same LDS that, when I called to ask for a permit, they told me it would be 100 dollars for a guide who 'doesn't even have to be in the water'. LOL

I spoke to others who have been night diving without a permit, seems that the fishing pier is open till 10, how would an officer know if a parked car is fishing or diving.. ::shrug:: When we left at 11, many people were parked, drinking in the park, making out, fishing, etc.. none of them were ticketed or had their cars towed.

Today in the morning, there was a metric crap tonne of divers. How many saw this lil guy vs stepping on him :(
View attachment 206918

My GF found him, and we brought divers over who had big cam rigs, and they didn't understand what we were pointing at! Just shrugged and went about their business! :confused: Maybe hairy frogfish are that common here?

Sure wish I had been there. Great find!

The sea slug I posted is probably an injured Atlantic side gill slug.

Heard that a Manta Ray was at the bridge yesterday. Wow!

LOL. I went west too..

:doctor:An injured slug... Have you actually stopped and thought about what your diving has become when you can identify an injured slug?

:rofl3: :rofl3::rofl3: :rofl3::rofl3: :rofl3::rofl3: :rofl3:

I didn't have a permit to park, the only person that spoke to me was someone from a LDS. He pulled up, asked me if I was permitted, and told me that police will ticket 75 dollars for each person in the vehicle, tow your car, AND can confiscate your dive gear. I am sure all those things *could* happen,

I spoke to others who have been night diving without a permit, seems that the fishing pier is open till 10, how would an officer know if a parked car is fishing or diving.. ::shrug:: When we left at 11, many people were parked, drinking in the park, making out, fishing, etc.. none of them were ticketed or had their cars towed.
I had a conversation via email a couple of years back with the local functionary who is in charge of dispensing the "permits". He told me that the idea behind them is to limit liability, but that that they realize that it really doesn't do much even in that regard. He also told me that it is "possible" that the local police/sheriff could ticket you, but that they generally - especially in that part of town - have more important things on their minds. He basically told me that doing night dives without a permit would be very unlikely to cause one a problem - for basically the same reasons that you've pointed out.

---------- Post added April 21st, 2015 at 10:01 AM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96lYC6sYMgA I realize that this might not be the best forum to post this in, but we *do* see a few lionfish at the bridge - and it was just *so* cool. :) My guess is that it is the Caymans, as that is the only place where I've seen groupers allow themselves to be petted and positioned properly for portraits. :)

That was an amazing video! How weird that he can see it in the bag.. I have seen grouper eat lionfish and they actually chase them around, it's this game where the lionfish cannot let it's head be perpendicular with the mouth. Notice that the grouper inhales it just as it's aligned.

Maybe someone has introduced a non-native grouper species to help with the cleanup.
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom