Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we were there today, it rained the whole way down to the bridge and was battleship gray in the sky. But, we saw most everything starting with a pipefish, then a baby sea robin, then a bunch of jaws--jawfish that is!! A couple of octos, a couple of eels, AND; only a few moons--5 or 6, and none at the exit. AND, the viz was good--started around 20 ft, gradually improving to 30ft, and this AFTER the tide turned!! AND THEN, Force E's tent sale!!!

Might go again tomorrow---to do both again!!

17 more months until I can take early retirement and start drawing my pension ... I'm gonna dive BHB every day ... just like you!

OH, I forgot to mention the baby lionfish over off the east end of the rubble pile (under the fishing pier) to the east further a few feet. Treasurecoastdiver spotted it for us, where it was, among some rocks and that brown stuff--it was VERY well camoflaged. It's been a few months since we've seen one at da bridge.

17 more months until I can take early retirement and start drawing my pension ... I'm gonna dive BHB every day ... just like you!

I can tell you that retirement is everything (and more) than we expected! I highly recommend it. Or, maybe we are just easly amused. After all, how many people would would base their happy retirement meter on diving under a bridge with a bunch of trolls! LOL

today we were diving the reef out of boynton beach and It was unbelievable ! awesome drift dive, we'll do it again tomorrow. But there was plenty of jelly fish at the level of the safety stop, I'm wondering if it's the same thing for jelly under the bridge cause we would like to go there on monday or tuesday. Damn I love Florida !

let me know

thanks

What *is* that brown stuff - a brand of algae, maybe??

Kevin

I have a marine algae book, I should look--possibly WILL look:cool2: Better yet, a class detailing bridge life would be great, even better if it could be concealed within a free seminar!! LDS's, here's a way to get folks into your shops who intend to spend absolutely zero bucks:D

btw, the present tent sale at Force E is a wonderful experience, divedivadm bought a new console/computer. I bought a new dive light and a 25 tank air card--It runs thru Monday at 2pm.

today we were diving the reef out of boynton beach and It was unbelievable ! awesome drift dive, we'll do it again tomorrow. But there was plenty of jelly fish at the level of the safety stop, I'm wondering if it's the same thing for jelly under the bridge cause we would like to go there on monday or tuesday. Damn I love Florida !
let me know
thanks

as a point of reference, there were no jellies south of you at LBTS

I have a marine algae book, I should look--possibly WILL look:cool2: Better yet, a class detailing bridge life would be great, even better if it could be concealed within a free seminar!! LDS's, here's a way to get folks into your shops who intend to spend absolutely zero bucks:D

At the Florida Dive show in December, there usually is a BHB presentation.

With the slowing of the economy, the show followed suit. I still attend. Get to meet everybody and get little bottles of free rum too.

OUR FIRST BATFISH!!!

Yesterday, after circling like buzzards for a parking spot, we hit the water only to find disappointing vis and HUNDREDS of moon jellies. Got a few nice pics of the jellies and saw lots of angelfish and spadefish under the bridge, along with eels, flounders and other cool stuff-- the usual suspects.

after 90 minutes we drifted out over the sand area where vis was better and, on our way in, found a batfish standing on the sand. It swam and posed for over 10 minutes by until our air got low. This was our first sighting of this very strange, ugly (but cute at the same time) critter.

Will see if I can post a photo later this week.

What a treat!!! Made all the jelly stings (and did I say there were a LOT) worthwhile.

This place never disappoints . . .

I am feeling deprived... I have been to the bridge once in the last month... It keeps calling, but things keep getting in the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom