Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this today in about 16 ft. of water - under the boats. Sorry lousy pic. I can only find one reference: called a whip or sooty eel? Can anyone i.d.? It's not in the Human/DeLoach book.

LOTS of jellies. And they're packing a powerful wallop. Both KP and I got stung on the face pretty bad.

View attachment 104135

that eel is a whip eel

Thanks. I've tried googling and not a lot of info! Here are a couple more from yesterday.

searobin.jpg octo.jpg

Last edited:
Come on guys. I've been in NY for 4 weeks and you still haven't gotten rid of those jellies. JET, would you please speak to King Neptune. "I think the sea is out to get me."

I wasn't at the bridge today, went out on the Blue Tang instead. It was a great set of morning dives...did Deep Ledges, and Wreck Trek....Goliath Groupers everywhere and some rather odd fish maybe someone can identify.
View attachment 104085 View attachment 104086 View attachment 104087 View attachment 104088 View attachment 104084
:eyebrow:

That's the Guy and Maribi fish!!

Jim, the afternoon was just as good especially the MG-111! The weather just got calmer and calmer . . .

Awesome pics! I need to get my butt over to the other FL coast and see Blue Heron Bridge. :cool2:

Bascanichthys -- Discover Life

Looks like there's a *lot* of fish behind that head. Must be rare to see em, eh?

Kevin

That IS a lot of fish behind that head. Gulp! Remind me not to comment on the size of his ... er ... nose.

Never seen one before ... and it's not in the book. I don't know how rare they are (or not). I was hoping someone might enlighten us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom