Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone else confirm that the bridge is going to be closed tomorrow? its not that I dont trust you Jimw, I just wanna make sure before I call off my trip last minute. I had heard that the bhb was the backup dive for the film/tv people. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

The guys at the dive store think that an area on the east side might be blocked off tomorrow for shooting a reality show, the diver challenge. The schedule shows BHB as a backup site for some dates thru July 31st.

The guys at the dive store think that an area on the east side might be blocked off tomorrow for shooting a reality show, the diver challenge. The schedule shows BHB as a backup site for some dates thru July 31st.
I am pretty sure the area used by the Ultimate diver Challenge today will be the beach on the west end, where most of us normally get in the water...but this leaves the area closer to the lifeguard area for access to the water. This is just for today. They will NOT be on top of nudiworld, or any of the areas of concentrated marine life today--they will be more over the sandy area in front of the beach.

Wondering if that is what all those bricks are for. Originally thought it was markers for the artificial reef coming in..

Wondering if that is what all those bricks are for. Originally thought it was markers for the artificial reef coming in..

That was my understanding as well.
I think I have witnessed the Diver's challenge there every weekend......
the horror.....:wink:

Wow!!! We got there at 8:30 for a 11:17 high tide just to get a parking space and the place was already mostly filled. The diver challenge took up the area from the west fence of the playground west to the water and included both bridges, and the sandy area south almost to the shopping carts and west. Crazy.. that meant all the classes and everybody else went east. divers everywhere! Tried to dodge 'em but they came at every direction. Even with all the craziness of classes standing, yes, standing on the bottom, (who uses yellow fins?? all the students were standing on the bottom), we managed to see some pretty cool stuff. But the best part.. diving with Hermit Crab and some out of town friends!!!!

---------- Post Merged at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Oh, and the diver's challenge did not use the bricks. They brought in their own props. The Divers challenge will go on for about 10 days with multiple trips to the bridge and some pool.. this is what I understand after talking to one of the judges. They also have a contract with the county to hold it in WPB for 3 years.

Still just some bricks in the water in a line with yellow rope attached. No. I did not get any pics.. :wink:

Ok guys I need help making a very quick decision... like now!!! haha
Coming down Friday... everyone i am coming with is diving the BHB on Saturday and boat dive sunday.
Should I do a boat dive both days or check out the bridge.
Kinda feeling like a long drive to do just 1 one dive...
You guys know the area I don't... what would you do?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom