Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it isn't the cold i'm worried about right now as the water quality;
per: Beach Sampling History

For Phil Foster Park: PHIL FOSTER PARK PHIL FOSTER PARK
Sample Period StartEnterococcusEnterococcus Geometric MeanFecal ColiformAdvisory / Warning Issued
2/4/2013GoodPoorN/ANo

ilovetheocean, thank you for posting this.

It lead me to search for more information on this topic. I'm posting these links in the hope that it will help divers at the BHB, Palm Beach county, and throughout the state of Florida.

The first link is from the Florida Dept of Health for all counties in the state:
Florida Healthy Beaches Program

I reached the second link by clicking on the Palm Beach county link in the previous page:
Beach Sampling Results

On the second link be sure to scroll down to see links to specific beaches in Palm Beach county.

I suspect that most divers are healthy and might be willing to risk diving under less than ideal water conditions. However for those of us with weakened immune systems knowledge about water quality is a serious health concern.

Is Force-E or Pura Vida having a nite dive this thursday or friday ?

---------- Post added February 6th, 2013 at 01:32 PM ----------

That house was still out there last Saturday when I when out the inlet: it seems to have been on the barge for a while.... will be interesting to see if anyone knows the story.

I was talking to a guy at the bridge yesterday and he said he thought the house had some historical
background and that there had been some clearance problems getting it to where they had intended
on bringing it. This was fishing pier type talk but the guy seemed to know a bit about what was going on
in the area.

I didn't find out about it till Gold Coast canceled/moved one of their BHB meetups down to Datura due to it. I think even the minor stuff can be irritating. one thing that wasn't listed as something that can happen with elevated levels are UTI's. not something fun for us or the ladies.

yes i know the website says New England but still applies here.
per the EPA website: Questions and Answers | New England Beach Monitoring and Notification Program | New England | US EPA
"Why is this a concern?
Some of the pathogens found in contaminated water can cause minor illnesses such as gastroenteritis (characterized by vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain or fever) or upper respiratory (ear, nose and throat) infections to exposed swimmers. Highly polluted water can occasionally cause more serious diseases such as typhoid fever, dysentery, hepatitis and cholera. To protect public health, beaches must be closed, or an advisory posted, when the potential for fecal contamination is too high."

---------- Post added February 6th, 2013 at 02:35 PM ----------

awwww...crap!

literally!!!

Hey folks,

Coming back down the 14th, diving the 15th/16th/17th. You know where to find me if you want to join in the fun!

:cold: packing the 7mm for Sunday's dive.. :cold: yeah, I'm a wuss..

7mm didn't keep me toasty. Well, the first 40 min. I was fine. When I got out I had purple blotches on my skin. thought it was my suit, but then saw the red marks in the crook of my arm, and realized the purple meant I was extra cold there. My computer said 72° which means it was 74°. :cold:
Kept our record going of seeing at least one seahorse per dive. Didn't find it till the very end and it was well hidden. Octopus was very friendly... and strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom