Blue Springs Doubles Entry Fee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver:
No, I met Divers Supply West .
Hoosier have you been to Fowler Park near Terre Haute?
If so, what was it like?

Hmmm~~~ I guess you didn't take any class with DSW without your friend, Mark.:wink:
DSW must have OW class this weekend. Who met from DSW?

No, I have heard about Fowler Park.:06: It sounds like there are two lakes.
I don't know you can dive over there. I hope it is better than Monroe Lake..

Wally might be a right guy to get some info....:D

crpntr133:
I would still bet money that his raise is because of the accident that happened last year.

What accident happened last year? I didn't make it up there that much this past summer.

Take a day off and the questions fly in. :D

There was a diver that had a possible heart attack while diving last year. They helicoptered him out but it wasn't a happy ending. I would assume that liability insurance is the same as the others. Make one claim and it goes through the roof. It was also rumored that the family was sueing Blue Springs even though it wasn't their fault.

I live real close to Fowler Park and have heard of people diving there. My only concern is that it has been used for a fishing hole for year and I can only imagine how much fishing line is in there. If anybody wants to dive it this summer I am up for it.
I also have access to a lake in Brazil, IN. if anybody wants to try it. Hoosier and I were going to dive it last year but the water had a oil slick on it so we opted out. It is 20' deep and suppose to be loaded with fish. Since it is a private lake there aren't too many that fish it.

If anybody runs across Crystal Lake in Terre Haute, it has been closed down..big bummer for me.

crpntr133:
Take a day off and the questions fly in. :D

There was a diver that had a possible heart attack while diving last year. They helicoptered him out but it wasn't a happy ending. I would assume that liability insurance is the same as the others. Make one claim and it goes through the roof. It was also rumored that the family was sueing Blue Springs even though it wasn't their fault.

I live real close to Fowler Park and have heard of people diving there. My only concern is that it has been used for a fishing hole for year and I can only imagine how much fishing line is in there. If anybody wants to dive it this summer I am up for it.
I also have access to a lake in Brazil, IN. if anybody wants to try it. Hoosier and I were going to dive it last year but the water had a oil slick on it so we opted out. It is 20' deep and suppose to be loaded with fish. Since it is a private lake there aren't too many that fish it.

If anybody runs across Crystal Lake in Terre Haute, it has been closed down..big bummer for me.

Oh~~ Gee... I was one of rescuers. We took through all emergency procedure at the site. I am not sure what case his family had. Even, he didn't make it though. He was a darn lucky guy because we had DAN O2 bottle and a medical doctor at the site.

As for the Fowler park, do we need a permit to be there?

Hey, Brad, did you have any info? You brought the idea about Fowler Park....
Did you hear tnat anyone dived over there?

I don't think we need a permit to dive at Fowler. If you want to see about a dive I will call the parks department and see what I can find out. The owner of the LDS says that he has been there but it was years ago.

I was there as well and I can tell you I have no clue how BS could be a fault. Baliff, where is my gun? eyebrow

I hadn't heard it was a possible heart attack. I heard the guy was ok after a couple of days in the hospital. Did I get some bad info or did I misundestand you?

hoosier:
Oh~~ Gee... I was one of rescuers. We took through all emergency procedure at the site. I am not sure what case his family had. Even, he didn't make it though. He was a darn lucky guy because we had DAN O2 bottle and a medical doctor at the site.

Dan Gibson:
I was there as well and I can tell you I have no clue how BS could be a fault. Baliff, where is my gun? eyebrow

I hadn't heard it was a possible heart attack. I heard the guy was ok after a couple of days in the hospital. Did I get some bad info or did I misundestand you?

Yes, I am with you.. He DID get all right treatment at the site... I still remember you were the contact person who called 911.. Actually, I shout you to help at the beginning..... :D

No, you are right. He has been OK at the hospital for a couple of days, but it didn't last long. As I remember, he passed away after 10 days. It was a heart attack. It is so sad......

Even if the family didn't sue Rick then he still should have turned it in to cover his butt. This then could have caused his rates to go up. With the sue happy society that we live in I think it would be really strange if they didn't sue. I had heard that they had filed but of course it was all second hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom