Bluewater and Smith Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UGH!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Reloader has things that he has to get done this saturday or next and since next saturday is our first training dives with the southeastern states underwater recovery team, were gonna have to scrap our trip up to smith lake this weekend.

Sorry we'll get up there eventually.

Ironhead and a few of his guests on board made a dive in Smith lake just near the recreational swim area by Clear Creek. It was a shallow dive with the viz at abut 6 feet. I don't have any info about temp b/c my nitekduo conked out on me as soon as I hit the water.
Nattiediver an I dove again later in the day at a diffrent location. This is a rock wall to about 50 then there is a ledge which again drops into deeper water. The viz was much better about 15 ft. I hit a max depth of about 50 ft. NattieDiver speared her first fish on this dive. Ill post the pic tom.
After weathering the storm on Saturday night we were greeted to a huge pine tree laying across the powerlines to the lake house ad nearly missing my car. But that didn't stop the dive. We followed the same plan as the Saturday dive at the same location. The first 10 feet or so were kinda murky but after that it was 15ft. viz again. I found some new debris the remains of an old hydro hoist, and the remnants of someones dock. We were still looking for some cats for lunch but no luck.
Thanks again Ironhead for letting me be one of the first divers to ride on your new boat. O yea I left my weight bag on board hopefully you have it!

Sounds like you guys had some good dives sorry we couldn't make it up.

You did leave a bag, I have it tucked away for you. Ill get it back to you. Thanks for going with us. Our second dive was about 2 miles east of your place along a wall. The viz was really good at about 15 - 20 feet. We dropped down to 50 feet for a few minutes and then leveled off to 30 for a relaxing dive of nearly an hour. I saw several large carp and a few small bass but no cats. The temp at 50 feet was a whopping 64 degrees. Thanks again for going with us Michael and hopefully we can do it again soon.

Sounds fun guys. I would like to join you next time. I am diving in the Gulf this weekend, so will pick up my regulator from my friend. I did go out and do some free diving Saturday off of the family's lot.....guess I went to 20 or 22 ft or so and the vis was like 6 feet. I didn't see any fish or anything, but I assume they hide in the rock walls or in brush. I had forgot my polespear anyway, but would love to shoot some fish with you guys sometime soon. O.k., back to work :(

Thinking about diving the lake again Saturday...........Anyone?

Which part of the lake will you be diving? If i can find a buddy to split the gas i might come. Would you have room for two divers?

Probably put in at the dam and do what we did last time.......kinda just picked a spot. I usually look for big rock cliffs and such, makes for a decent dive. I wanna shoot some fish this time though......

Ironhead do you still have my weight? Ill be out there all weekend if you wanna drop them off on the dock. NattieDiver and I will be doing the wall and surrounding area around the lake house. If I can get the GPS working we may try and check out a submerged building, or an old road bed now that the boat is working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom