Boat Diving after Prostate Surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was talking about this thread with my daughter and saying how someone would suggest going with a drysuit (I was right, someone did). She started talking about attaching tampons to the trunk draw strings. ‍

I asked her why she needs the string. She said so you wouldn’t lose the Tampons inside you.

Finally after five minutes I asked her “where do you think the prostate is?” She looked at me blankly and said “it has something to do with your butt”.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Anal leakage...”

“It would cause impotence AND anal leakage?” My heart goes out to OP.... I HAD NO IDEA...

She finally broke down and said “I DON’T KNOW....”

She is college educated and 23.

I was like you don’t stand a shower... the corn won’t wash down the drain.....

Kids

How was diving in Drysuit in warmer Caribbean/Gulf Coast waters? Or, were you Pacific/Great Lakes? I do believe this Doc uses the Robot. Don't think my Hematologist/Oncologist would have suggested him if not. Never seen a dive boat with carpet. That's a new one.
Thank you!

I live in New Zealand. Don't really have warm water here - even in the summer you can dive a dry suit with minimal undergarments. There are different types of drysuits - some called "tri-lam" have almost no thermal protection - less than a thin wetsuit so should work just fine in warmer waters.

Lot's of the diveboats here have indoor/outdoor carpet in the covered areas. In a cold climate this is very nice. The back of the boat where the tanks are and where the divers get in and out of the water is bare metal.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

I'm 2 years post robotic prostate removal. The leaking is small and a minor problem. Do your Kegal exercises faithfully it will help a lot. Personally I DON'T over hydrate before I dive. Despite all the talk about hydration and DCS I've never been bent and am starting my 50th year of diving. Peeing in my wet suit is something I've done since day one so for me no big deal. When I dive my dry suit I use a large pad and a Depends together. Diving post op has not been a problem for me. I've only done a few boat dives since the op but encountered no issues. I hope it will be the same for you. I'm glad I can still dive because my other favorite activity, sex is not an option anymore. I hope that is NOT the same for you! Getting old isn't easy and I ain't seen no gold in these golden years!

I'm 2 years post robotic prostate removal. The leaking is small and a minor problem. Do your Kegal exercises faithfully it will help a lot. Personally I DON'T over hydrate before I dive. Despite all the talk about hydration and DCS I've never been bent and am starting my 50th year of diving. Peeing in my wet suit is something I've done since day one so for me no big deal. When I dive my dry suit I use a large pad and a Depends together. Diving post op has not been a problem for me. I've only done a few boat dives since the op but encountered no issues. I hope it will be the same for you. I'm glad I can still dive because my other favorite activity, sex is not an option anymore. I hope that is NOT the same for you! Getting old isn't easy and I ain't seen no gold in these golden years!

Thank you for reply. It is very much on target of where I’m at in life. Just learned of a dry suit that is much like a Lycra skin from Bert. Maybe it will be in the future? But, from y’all, I am feeling somewhat hopeful. Your right, between knee replacements, blood thinners for a condition that reared up in 50s, other body parts wearing out, I’m tuckered out trying to enjoy retirement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom