Boat sinkings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This happened in Krabi and the speedboats were owned by a Krabi resort and a Krabi tour operator. So it did not happen in Phuket and the speedboats were not Phuket based. And they weren't dive boats. But for sure speedboats do drive too fast sometimes and go out in unsuitable weather conditions sometimes.

Fair enough. They're from Krabi but still at the Andaman side. My mistake of linking it as Phuket, can't change it now anymore. In the Gulf we had occasional problems with boats but never in the frequency that's happening now at the Andaman side. Hope that chain of events stops now.

I have never dona a live aboard trip, but have done quite a few day boats around Thailand but predominantly in Pattaya. Safety considerations are quite often non existent, mostly there are not even life jackets on boats, or if there are I have not been made aware of where they were.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom