Bob Evans Designs-VAULT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i always read about the generators function but seeing it really makes a difference :)
this looks really cool and i cant wait tilll i get a pair (if ever) :)

Two historical photos from the 80's and the Force Fin/ Body Glove days.
bgfactory_be.jpg

Hand Casting Force Fins at the Hermosa Beach Body Glove Plant.
bodyglovedema_be.jpg

1982 DEMA Body Glove booth with Force Fins hanging from all around and the Classic T-Shirt worn by Billy Jr. Followed by Robbie, Billy Senior and Bob Meistrell all in the frame.

Photos by Bob Evans

Blair, I found some cool photo's from 1966, at my parents home in Hermosa Beach. Can't wait to share them. Your Brother Bob

In April 1950 I was born in Paris France. My upbringing was very special as I was raised by two very talented and beautiful parents Gordon and Betty Evans. Turning 60 this week and having lost my Dad on March 20th 2010 and my Mom 3 years ago has helped me reflect on life.
pairs1950_evansfamily.jpg

In this photo I am in the Montmarte Studio in Paris and it is where I began to view the world of Art, Music and eventually food.

Celebrate EACH DAY! My father told me " Nothing Good Lasts Forever"

I would like to share this photo and story Bob shared with me.

Have bike will dive-
"Somewhere along the road we found a way to transport our tanks from Hermosa Beach to Redondo Beach California. My Bike was the prefect horse in 1966. Jim Pennington and I walked the bike with two cylinders and equipment along the train tracks and down to the surf.
be_scubabike.jpg

Did we try to ride the bike? Yes! It was like steering a time bomb - totally out of balance with two heavy steel tanks full of high pressure air. Walk don't drive worked quite well in those days!"

I did this type of diving on Mackinac Island where no cars are allowed.
I could fit all of my gear and a single 120LP and drysuit. We used "Dock Porter" bikes and good times were had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom