Bob Evans Designs-VAULT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ickis,
Diving in the USA is great. There are many different types of diving environments to choose from. From coral reefs, Freshwater lakes, kelp Forests, wrecks and even flooded mines.
We have National Marine Sanctuaries which are excellent places to dive, some are more accessible than others, but all great diving.

I still need to schedule a trip to the Bonne Terra and dive some of the springs in Florida, but I have been diving in all the Marine Sanctuaries, and in the USA - for me when the visibility is good nothing beats a Healthy Kelp Forest!
There is so much life living at all the different layers in the Forest from the bottom to the top and you never know what is on the other side of the forest, out of your sight- Seals, Sharks, Whales and much more -Diving in the Kelp forest is the best diving in the USA in my opinion.
church1_bpm.jpg

How can you rest your weary bones knowing that you have yet to dive with me in either Palm Beach or Traverse City? Maybe some secret spots in Northern Ontario? Get on a Plane.
Tester # 1
Uncle Avi

1981-Santa Barbara, California
ge_ffsign_be.jpg

Gordan Evans, Bob's father, engraves the patented numbers on the Original Force Fin that came out the first Santa Barbara Force Fin head quarters. Notice the shirt and the old Force Fin logo- 1981

Some people wonder where Bob gets his artistic talent- wonder no more- The photos below are of Bob's father's studio with just some of his work.
ge_studio_be.jpg

The talent of Gordan Evans-
ge_studio1_be.jpg

How can you rest your weary bones knowing that you have yet to dive with me in either Palm Beach or Traverse City? Maybe some secret spots in Northern Ontario? Get on a Plane.
Tester # 1
Uncle Avi

Talked with Blair this morning and we think an East Coast Force Fin Dive-in should be held and Florida is the place of choice. We will make him responsible for bringing the "Left Coast" crew with him.

Let's wait until things warm up and dry out a bit and then start planning something - either in the Keys or in your neck of the woods.

In 1967 Bob Evans aboard his trusty dive boat.
bobdiveboat.jpg

Many years later Bob worked on some interesting concepts of floating lagoons and cities where people can live offshore.
bedrawings_be.jpg

Maybe with world changing the way it is -- this will concept will receive more attention
First location Maldives- ?

finally back from this "1 week at boot-camp" kinda thing...
the floating lagoon/city seems pretty practical for the times ahead of us (personally id rather live on a small fishing boat/pirogue/ catamaran).

Blair, thank you for sharing this photo from my Vault. This image shows how much I love Susanne and Alex.. Alex has a look of "What is he up to Now"......

Since 1995 Bob Evans has incorporated Vortex Generators on certain select Force Fin models.
ops_waterblade_be.jpg

In this photo the four upraised knobs at the tip of the OPS Blade increase the speed of which water is passing by the blade and limits turbulent flow. Another advandment in Fin design by Bob observing nature.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][/FONT]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom