Boltsnap breakaways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hogarthian forum.

Correct, the DIR forum is two columns to the right.

Hogarthian is a mindset and group of principles not a single acceptable gear configuration.

The only place I use a breakaway is on my long hose when sidemount diving ... since it's clipped off half the time and needs to be available for donating. A friend of mine designed these out of some spare delrin he had available. They work great ...

Hey Bob,

What I found works great for this is tying bungee around the mouthpiece with a bolt snap on it. That way when you stow the reg it's much closer to your body than tying it by the long hose.

Just my $0.02 :)

Hey Bob,

What I found works great for this is tying bungee around the mouthpiece with a bolt snap on it. That way when you stow the reg it's much closer to your body than tying it by the long hose.

Just my $0.02 :)
Sounds good for streamlining ... do you leave the boltsnap and bungee attached to the mouthpiece while breathing it? If so, I take it you don't find that bothersome? And if not, how much effort/distraction does it take to reconnect it each time you make a switch? Do you have a picture? I'm always up for trying something a bit different ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

James,

That sounds like a great idea actually, However, I have the same question as Bob. Do you breath with the boltsnap still attached. I guess I will give it a try this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

James,

That sounds like a great idea actually, However, I have the same question as Bob. Do you breath with the boltsnap still attached. I guess I will give it a try this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.
Same here.
although I suppose if the 2nd stage were removed from the bungee every time, it would be similar to using one of those plastic and rubber octopus holders.

Same here.
although I suppose if the 2nd stage were removed from the bungee every time, it would be similar to using one of those plastic and rubber octopus holders.

And that is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I just want to be able to clip it and forget it. I think if done right, this should not be much of a problem. Well, I got nothing but time to kill. Might as well try it.

Sounds good for streamlining ... do you leave the boltsnap and bungee attached to the mouthpiece while breathing it? If so, I take it you don't find that bothersome? And if not, how much effort/distraction does it take to reconnect it each time you make a switch? Do you have a picture? I'm always up for trying something a bit different ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I just leave the bolt snap on while breathing, pushed at an angle where it's out of the way... it's not really something I notice a whole lot. I would try it and see if you find it annoying. I agree with you-- if I had to remove it every time, then IMO it would be too much trouble to worry with!

I don't think I have a photo. If I can find one, I'll post it. Unfortunately all my SM gear is in High Springs and I'm in Orlando, so I can't take one :(

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom