Bonaire Airfare - Need advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Checked the Curacao option, but it would cost me about the same (or a little more) from AUS and add 2 additional flights. I like to leave from IAH on this trip only because there is a 4 hour layover on the way there, so it's quicker for me to drive. If there are 2 or more of us, it saves us money too because it is usually close to $100 more to leave from AUS as opposed to IAH.

I'll check out sidestep.com. It sounds like yapta.com. I am tracking two flights with them, but they don't send updates as often as I'd like.

Thank you everyone for your input. Keep it comin'! :D

last year we went to bonaire for 35k miles this year it only cost $350 so we used money. we fly continental and only one flight a week but it works ok for us living in houston.

we are flying with 6 people on 6/6 should I be worried?

Us Air does not fly to Bonaire. So good luck with that!
:confused: Wonder what she bought? I know that Cont is cutting back to weekend flights only in Sept to Cozumel when demand drops, so without dates it's hard to look at things but not even having a gate there...?
Checked the Curacao option, but it would cost me about the same (or a little more) from AUS and add 2 additional flights. I like to leave from IAH on this trip only because there is a 4 hour layover on the way there, so it's quicker for me to drive. If there are 2 or more of us, it saves us money too because it is usually close to $100 more to leave from AUS as opposed to IAH.

I'll check out sidestep.com. It sounds like yapta.com. I am tracking two flights with them, but they don't send updates as often as I'd like.

Thank you everyone for your input. Keep it comin'! :D
You can have Sidestep also check Yapta and others on searches. The site has glitches at times, is weak on locations (think it uses google maps and they suck), but a useful tool once you learn the options and features. Daily emails are easy to set up.
last year we went to bonaire for 35k miles this year it only cost $350 so we used money. we fly continental and only one flight a week but it works ok for us living in houston.

$350 non-stop - sweet! :thumb: Only $460 from Lubbock - tempting. Never seen it that low. Funny how planes get cheap when they don't fill up, if the airline doesn't cancel the flight.

when are you going to bonaire? We live in houston and are planning a trip down there but we are seeing prices at $600.

when are you going to bonaire? We live in houston and are planning a trip down there but we are seeing prices at $600.
He said we are flying with 6 people on 6/6 = June 6. I see low fares for June 5. I guess the planes were not filling so they lowered the price for that short notice weekend.

Fares change abruptly, but at the moment I see IAH-BON...
$408 for Sat Jun 5 2010 to Sun Jun 13
$508 for Sat Jun 12 2010 to Sun
$608 for Sat Jun 19 2010 to Sun Jun 27
$808 for Sat May 29 2010 to Sun Jun 6​
When did you want to go?

makes me want to hold out and see if they drop for following weekend since i can't go on the 6th. they are only $488 on the 12th

makes me want to hold out and see if they drop for following weekend since i can't go on the 6th. they are only $488 on the 12th
Hmm, I don't see $488 but ok. Here are the unassigned seats for then...

ScreenHunter_07 May. 26 13.50.jpg

If mine were $488, I'd jump on it. You don't want to get bit by the greedy bug. The $350 flight could have been due to a large cancellation within a couple of days or something. I've never seen it that low, so I wouldn't recommend risking the $488 to try to get it for less.

My September trip is so far out that I'm just going to hold out and stop looking for a while. The price has already gone up $50 in the past couple of days. That is sometimes due to large amounts of searches on the same flights. I'm just going to step away for a while.

Back
Top Bottom