Bonaire Airfare - Need advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The price for Atlanta to Bonaire is like a roller coaster lately. Right now it is at $597 (that includes junk fees). It has been fluctuating up as much as $941 with junk. Remember, always book with orbitz.com. They are the only one, that i have found, that will give you a price garantee (sp?). If someone else books the same flight, thru orbitz, as you at a cheaper price, orbitz will send you a check for the difference.

I didn't know that about orbitz. Thanks for the tip!

About the ATL to BON.....has anyone ever taken the AUS-ATL-BON flight on Delta? It's cheaper than Continental from IAH, but the time between flights is only 40 minutes, and if you miss it, you're completely screwed because the next flight to BON is a week out. Just wondering if anyone has ever had the AUS-ATL flight come in late and whether they hold the ATL-BOn flight if that happens.

Remember, always book with orbitz.com. They are the only one, that i have found, that will give you a price garantee (sp?). If someone else books the same flight, thru orbitz, as you at a cheaper price, orbitz will send you a check for the difference.
Good idea! :thumb: I don't because the chances of someone booking LBB-BON on my exact dates are zilch, but from IAH or ATL, much better. I've done a few refunds with Orbitz on their hotel rate guarantees and I have had to remind them a few times on each, but it's just email. I set up a mail folder for all correspondence on the matter with reminders to review it until accomplished. Their sites does have a link to check to see if you qualify for a refund and I would use it.
I didn't know that about orbitz. Thanks for the tip!

About the ATL to BON.....has anyone ever taken the AUS-ATL-BON flight on Delta? It's cheaper than Continental from IAH, but the time between flights is only 40 minutes, and if you miss it, you're completely screwed because the next flight to BON is a week out. Just wondering if anyone has ever had the AUS-ATL flight come in late and whether they hold the ATL-BOn flight if that happens.
Oooo that is tight. I guess they make some allowances but wow. I think I'd want talk to the Delta.com Help desk about flying into ATL the night before to connect at the same price. It'd be a 12 hour layover so I'd want a room, but safer.
just checked as i just got a instructor job there in september... LAX to BON on usairways (granted you go to charlotte first) $300!! not airmiles, but CHEAP none the less
I still wonder what she bought? :eyebrow:

I did DL once and never again as I cannot handle ATL and upon arrival there are too many flights arriving the same time and departing so airport chaos. Lastly the price is always very high. Having said that, the one time I did head south from Boston I did not want to chance it with a 45 min. layover (many clients have missed their flights with this problem) so we overnighted in ATL on Friday. It worked out well. We paid 89.00 for a great room near the airport (free shuttle) and printed boarding passes at the hotel and went right thru security. Piece of cake. Oh and in Boston they sent our luggage right to Bonaire so we never saw them again until Bonaire. That is critical.

I did DL once and never again as I cannot handle ATL and upon arrival there are too many flights arriving the same time and departing so airport chaos. Lastly the price is always very high. Having said that, the one time I did head south from Boston I did not want to chance it with a 45 min. layover (many clients have missed their flights with this problem) so we overnighted in ATL on Friday. It worked out well. We paid 89.00 for a great room near the airport (free shuttle) and printed boarding passes at the hotel and went right thru security. Piece of cake. Oh and in Boston they sent our luggage right to Bonaire so we never saw them again until Bonaire. That is critical.

How did you get the airline to forward your bag and add the overnight at the same time? Did you need to talk to a representative on the phone because I don't see how that would be done online.

How did you get the airline to forward your bag and add the overnight at the same time? Did you need to talk to a representative on the phone because I don't see how that would be done online.
I think your bags are supposed to go on your plane for a number of security reasons, and while it'd be easier to let them go on to the final destination - I'd still prefer to have them overnight in my room in case of changes.

The overnight plan is easy to arrange at no extra airline charge. Years ago the agents would approve a "last in, first out" stopover with thru fare, but now you can do it online with up to 24 hours in ATL - go see Stone Mountain or something...

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 May. 30 11.10.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 May. 30 11.10.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 23
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom