Bonaire from the Sea - anybody planning to try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just thought of one more thing that would be a negative for me in addition to the claustrophobic confines of being on a small ship with only a tiny bunk for privacy.

No night dives. Where I'm staying this time, Hamlet Oasis, is right at the Cliff dive site - one of the best for night dives. Plus, with a truck I can dive anywhere at night that I want.

I, on the other hand, consider land-based diving a 'necessary evil' to be avoided whenever a live aboard is an option. :)

Generally, I would agree. I like boats. I like diving from boats. I even like sleeping on boats. I like being taken to the best dive sites. But I see the exception being a small island where almost all the dive sites are along one strip of road, and the dive ops have set up an infrastructure tailored to divers picking up tanks and driving to almost any site in minutes. To me, Bonaire from the Sea seems more like a floating hotel than what I think of as a liveaboard.

People that like sailing, but dont reallt actively sail themselves, and want to be on shore in the evening (to be seen in an outfit, to not be cramped on a boat, not bound by the gray and blackwater holding capacity limits of a boat near shore but "out" for a week, that hopefully empties the tanks correctly at the marina...) and that have some divers happy to make do with two dives a day and some sun bathers in the group may like this.

Not for me as is. Although it seems by reading that for an extra fee more air / doves per day could be accomodated. Not sure.

Even so, not for me.
Now, make it four to five dives a day, mooring or anchoring out at some geourgeous dive site 4 times or so during the week (Klein B.?, the N.P. - if permitted at all, which may be a problem) for night dives there and it becomes a different story.

And yet, why do even that in Bonaire.
The price would also change. Either there would be no dive guide (which actually would be perfect in my mind then) or there needs to be more personnel as e.g. the same person could not dive and cook anymore... and the personnel now would have to slap on board, meaning they would be away from home (more pay) and there would be even less capacity for payIng guests. The pricing would be quite different...

The main 'niche' I see is a guy traveling with either a non-diving, or non 'dive-a-holic' wife who's got a taste for the romantic, or just a couple with a taste for the 'finer things' once in awhile, looking to take a day out of the vacation for a private yacht experience. At least, that's the overall impression I got from reading Trip Advisor reports. If you want to impress your wife or girl friend a bit, this might appeal.

Richard.

The main 'niche' I see is a guy traveling with either a non-diving, or non 'dive-a-holic' wife who's got a taste for the romantic, or just a couple with a taste for the 'finer things' once in awhile, looking to take a day out of the vacation for a private yacht experience. At least, that's the overall impression I got from reading Trip Advisor reports. If you want to impress your wife or girl friend a bit, this might appeal.

Richard.

Am thinking that too.

If you really want to impress your wife or girlfriend on Bonaire, book an oceanfront room at Harbour Village.

Just sayin.

If you really want to impress your wife or girlfriend on Bonaire, book an oceanfront room at Harbour Village.

Just sayin.

...and THEN have 'Bonaire From The Sea' come in and personally pick up the two of you ? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom