Bonaire....I will let you decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread is yet one more example of why I give little credence or respect to a review or complaint that refuses to "name names". I do to some degree understand the point that naming names can result in fans of that vendor coming to their defense, which is annoying to someone who only wants to tell their story.

But how many times, over and over and over it seems, that someone jumps on here and tells their horror story and has everyone sympathising with them, then lo and behold the vendor or other customers who were there join in and tell the "rest of the story" and the picture changes dramatically. Often those complaints turn out to be rather embellished if not fabricated. Not saying anything was fabricated here but if something isn't a big enough issue to complain about at the time then it isn't a big enough issue to rant about later on. IMO.

I do not see those who decline to name names as "taking the high road" but rather depriving their targets the opportunity to offer rebuttal. And it's a disservice to both the vendors and the dive community. Why should all vendors even the good ones get treated as suspect due to the actions of specific ones? How can divers "reward" the good businesses and avoid the bad ones without names in reviews?

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I have to say that without mentioning any names of the resort or the restaurants, I'm not sure what the use of this thread is...

Agree completely. Without telling us who the offenders are, the thread is merely whining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom