Bondage Wings of Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas:
so let's revamp and turn the time back and let me ask you the same question - what are the proven, factual problems with the bungeed design that it deserves such a nasty name, or to be called a marketing gimmick.
Thanks for the non-answer. So from your post I gather that there is nothing "For the Record" that you claimed earlier.

I can't remember knowing, or reading of, any fatality due directly to any faliure or accidental miss-use of any kind of BC on the market - horsecollar, vest, jacket, BP/W, bungeed, not bungeed... nothing.

JeffG:
Thanks for the non-answer. So from your post I gather that there is nothing "For the Record" that you claimed earlier.
Nothing more than what has been said many more times already in past posts that you were also participating in -- perhaps you care to re-read as well so you can be up to date before entering a discussion?

Also English 101 - when a person uses the phrase "for the record" it is used to clarify something they are saying as a point, not indicating that they are keeping records of a certain matter. ie:
just for the record
Let's get things straight; also, let me make myself clear. For example, Just for the record, we never endorsed this idea, or Just for the record, I didn't vote for him. Also see go on record; set (the record) straight.

But instead of picking on the opposition and hijacking the original posters question with useless lip-flapping, let's get back on track - shall we?

Perhaps YOU would like to enlighten us with your wisdom and knowledge on the matter?!

daniel f aleman:
I can't remember knowing, or reading of, any fatality due directly to any faliure or accidental miss-use of any kind of BC on the market - horsecollar, vest, jacket, BP/W, bungeed, not bungeed... nothing.
I heard of one (and it was a GI3 story), but like most dive accidents and stories. Details are sketchy and conclusions can be faulty.

But I'm not the one making claims in this thread, so the burden of proof is not on me. :wink:

Tamas:
Nothing more than what has been said many more times already in past posts that you were also participating in -- perhaps you care to re-read as well so you can be up to date before entering a discussion?
I remember them well. I was just hoping that you might actually have something to offer this time.

Tamas:
Also English 101 - when a person uses the phrase "for the record" it is used to clarify something they are saying as a point
Might want to go back and take English 101

Tamas:
But instead of picking on the opposition and hijacking the original posters question with useless lip-flapping, let's get back on track - shall we?
Yes with the informative "Where did the name come from" subject. I'm going to quit diving until I get an answer on that baby.

Is this the DIR section, btw, where can I signup for this bondage thing?

Wow I can believe my main BC is one of these underwater killing machines

No one is saying the bungied wings will kill, correct me if I'm wrong but George found a female body that was using such a wing and cause of death was probably due to something else. The bungie wing death thinge is prob an urband legend.

Bungie wings aren't really bad, but they add complexity to a system that doesn't need it in the first place. If the wing used is suitable in size and lift for that type of diving it should be very streamline already. Bungies do create crumple zones within the wing and they can trap air.
This may not be an issue with an experienced diver but why make a wing behave like a regular bc with additional air pockets?

I'm not DIR but I try to follow the Hog mentality in that if a wing is already streamline why use bungies to bunch it up like a crushed newspaper? Won't that make it less streamline? KISS.

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom