Boot on top of a wetsuit or a wetsuit on top of the boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those of you reporting chafing from zips, get yourselves some lycra dive socks. I fold the tops of mine over the top of my booties. Haven't had a chafe or a blister since I started wearing them many years ago.

I think that i was refering to the boots chaffng the wet suit seals.

Those of you reporting chafing from zips, get yourselves some lycra dive socks. I fold the tops of mine over the top of my booties. Haven't had a chafe or a blister since I started wearing them many years ago.

KWS, wouldn't the lycra sock top rolled down over top of bootie help with that too?

in my semi-dry:

inner neoprene seal
polypropylene sock
outer wetsuit zippered seal
boot

I only pee in borrowed wetsuits.

Seal of wetsuit in boot, wetsuit over boot....

This is how i do my 7mm - just because it has the inner "glideskin" seals

With my 3mm I also put suit over boots but that's because they have zippered ankles and they don't really fit inside my boots.

Looks like I have opened a pandora box. Evidently, there is no a straightforward correct solution.

Looks like I have opened a pandora box. Evidently, there is no a straightforward correct solution.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to wear your boots. Just do what you're comfortable with, different strokes for different folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom