Boot on top of a wetsuit or a wetsuit on top of the boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, the boot goes over the wetsuit for the simple reason that my wetsuit will not fit over my boot. Yes it does cause ballooning, and some times a LOT, which is annoying... Probably going to get full foot fins and get rid of the problem all together; most of the time I wear a wetsuit is in the pool anyway.

For me, the boot goes over the wetsuit for the simple reason that my wetsuit will not fit over my boot. Yes it does cause ballooning, and some times a LOT, which is annoying... Probably going to get full foot fins and get rid of the problem all together; most of the time I wear a wetsuit is in the pool anyway.

I don't understand ballooning. Air, water? Never had this with my 7 mil wetsuit.

I don't understand ballooning. Air, water? Never had this with my 7 mil wetsuit.

It's water. While you're in the water, there's no problem. It's when you get out that all the water is going to go downwards and either drain out at your wrists or try to drain out at the ankles but it can't, so it just pools in your boots and around your calves.

suit over boots too... aside from the reasons already mentioned... i think it might be a tad more streamlined in the water.

Back
Top Bottom