Review Boots for shore diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@uncfnp, I assume your new boots stayed secure while taking your fins off? I suspect the $40 version that @RIHappyDiver was looking at may not. Just a comment because I've had problems with low cut boots that way.
No problem at all but full disclosure my boots are a bit loose in the foot pocket. If anything I was worried at first that they may not be secure on the boot since there is no specific indent to hold the strap but I had no problem. These were all shore dives so not sure how it would behave during a giant stride entry. Finning did feel a bit different at first, I think it was the looser pocket, but after a few dives it seemed natural.

@Lorenzoid I have a pair of the Deep6 boots that I also bought with Bonaire in mind. The boot fit well but the neoprene insert opening was too tight to get on comfortably.

Another attempt at full disclosure..

I have some low back problems and fairly poor flexibility, some days more than others. So not having to struggle with zippers and boots post dive is particularly appealing.

@uncfnp, I assume your new boots stayed secure while taking your fins off? I suspect the $40 version that @RIHappyDiver was looking at may not. Just a comment because I've had problems with low cut boots that way.
I’ve dived the previous version of these Akona boots (very similar) for years without this issue. That said beware of a similar version of Tusa hard soled boot…the neoprene upper is much softer, provides much less stability, and will slip off easily. Big difference IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom