borneo divers mabul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bob.s

Reaction score
Hi..this is my first post....I am going to mabul in september and hoping to find out if anyone has any information on the dive operations there..i am currently looking at borneo divers on mabul...any one been there before ?..thanks Bob

hi been to kota kinabalu in sabah the capital if you look at
www.sabahtourism.com you can find borneo divers there as well as many other things to do. Sabah is a great place to go to and many things to do if you go to mabul are you going to sipidan also you should it is fantastic and one of the best dive sites in the world. If you need any info on places are things to do while there i can give you some nice tips and places to go i have been there 3 times and i also married a local..email me at troy_narvaez@hotmail.com
have fun
troy

Hi,
When are you going to be Mabul? I'm heading to Borneo Divers Mabul on Sep 6, then heading over to Spadan (Borneo Diver) from Sep 7 - 11.
If you are thinking of going with Borneo Divers (very friendly - divemaster very knowledgeable - been with them several times, plus once with another operator on Sipadan - prefer the friednliness and atmosphere at Borneo Divers), try giving Ursula Michael an e-mail. You can tell her you got her e-mail from Edward C. from Canada (originally from Sabah).

ursula@pc.jaring.my

Good luck - you'll love Sipadan (haven't been to Mabul yet)

bob.s:
Hi..this is my first post....I am going to mabul in september and hoping to find out if anyone has any information on the dive operations there..i am currently looking at borneo divers on mabul...any one been there before ?..thanks Bob

bob.s,

We've stayed with Borneo Divers on Sipadan 3 times and always had a great time. They recently (within 2 years or so) opened their new resort on Mabul possibly in preparation for the shutdown of dive resorts on Sipadan Island proper.

You will find more muck-type diving on Mabul and hopefully big fish on Sipadan Island. If you are into muck diving you should also check into having them take you to Kapalai which is a resort built above a reef between Mabul and Sipadan.

Hope you have a great trip.

Rickg

I did a day trip from Sipadan so I got to check out the place. It looked pretty sweet and there's incredible diving just off their wharf. Make sure you dive the oil rig and say hi to Elvis for me.

Hi, Im also going diving with Bob.S to Mabul and Sipadan. I was wondering if someone could tell me if there are good hard and soft coral reefs in Sipadan? Any particular dive site good for either of those corals?
Thank you!

Indigoazul:
Hi, Im also going diving with Bob.S to Mabul and Sipadan. I was wondering if someone could tell me if there are good hard and soft coral reefs in Sipadan? Any particular dive site good for either of those corals?
Thank you!
Sorry to disapoint but Sipidan isn't known for corals. In fact, some sites (IE Barracuda Point) have a lot of dead coral. And of course, Mabul is all about muck. If you've dived other asian countries, you won't be impressed by the corals in Sipidan.

I agree that Sipadan is not the best place for corals; however there as very nice areas; for instance Hanging Gardens is very pretty in my opinion

Borneo Diver in Mabul is quite new, about one year...all gears are pretty new plus not expensive for rental. You might want to check out SMART Divers, with them, you don't have to carry you gear at all !!! Plus, they have pretty nice place to hang out and have beer at night!!!

alex , did you stay at smart divers ? I was thinking about staying there and the travel people told me to stick with Borneo divers ..either way I'm sure I'll have a great time , but I would prefer to be someplace that I know is good . smart looked like a better plce but its hard to tell by looking at web sites how the place really is

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom