borneo divers mabul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at Smart last year and had a quick look at Borneo Diver on Mabul but that was before they completed the construction. I think accomodation wise, they are similar except that Smart is a little more spread out, more trees. Smart does have a swimming pool and a slightly better public facility.
Service wise, I don't know about quality of dive guide at Borneo but Smart was excellent. Boat crews were very friendly. On Sipadan, if you are with Borneo Diver, you gear up in the gear shade then walk across the beach to the boat so you do all the work yourself, whereas with Smart, they will take care of all your gears and you just have to gear up and jump into the water. At the end of the day, they bring everything over to the rinse tank for you. A better arrangement for a lazy guy like me :)

ssra30:
On Sipadan, if you are with Borneo Diver, you gear up in the gear shade then walk across the beach to the boat so you do all the work yourself....

OMG...this sounds like living hell on earth. To think, they actually make you walk across the beach on that terrible, terrible tropical island. Oh the humanity!!!! Avoid that place like the plague. :biggrin2:

SMART seems fun but what about Sipadan Water Village in Mabul? I've stayed there and it seems good to me. I am more concerned about their dive facilities and rooms than anything else. Any idea about their room rates, SMART I mean?

I will be in Sipadan from the 6th to the 10th of September. Borneo Divers were fully booked and my only option is to go stay at the Sipadan Lodge.
Just got some new gear so looking forward to it

i just came back from BDMR (Borneo Divers Mabul Resort). Had a swell time. Funny bunch of dive masters. What I liked about the place was every thing was fairly new and not too impersonal. After a dive, it was a nice place to chill out.

Ptan:
i just came back from BDMR (Borneo Divers Mabul Resort). Had a swell time. Funny bunch of dive masters. What I liked about the place was every thing was fairly new and not too impersonal. After a dive, it was a nice place to chill out.

Well we may have met then... I left Mabul last Friday. One thing I thought slightly weird about Borneo Divers in Mabul is that they seamed to struggle a bit to understand why you would want to dive in Mabul and not in Sipadan...

frogfish:
Well we may have met then... I left Mabul last Friday. One thing I thought slightly weird about Borneo Divers in Mabul is that they seamed to struggle a bit to understand why you would want to dive in Mabul and not in Sipadan...

I will probably be on Mabul during the last week of September and will be with SMART

I read somewhere that prices included unlimited diving from the beach. Can anyone tell me how does this work? Just get your tank and go to the water?!

Thanks in advance
Pedro

hey pedro , maybe i will see you in mabul , i will be there the last week of september and the first week of october , im actually staying a few days with Borneo divers and then about 8 days with smart divers ,

Bob

hello guys. i'm actually a new instructor in SWV and am going on the 19th. Will be interesting to actually meet someone from scubaboard there.

i'm sure you guys will have lots of fun diving there. Especially like all the frogfish coz I've never seen it in East Malaysia at all.

Back
Top Bottom