Bot check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working on leaving this form,
its get bad.

ITS LIKE, ASD is moderating, and he is mr ?
Now this post is sure to be deleted.

@The Chairman

I posted this in the thread in Dir forum and tagged you in it. Did you see it or did your mod team just delete it for being off topic. These are the kinds of activities that disincentivize experienced divers from posting and greatly increase the signal to noise ratio.

It’s pretty embarrassing that the mod team gives a wkpp diver their “final warning” for calling out this nonsense, and the mod team just allows this noise to continue.
I found it and read it a bit. Of course, your post was Off Topic and deleted. Oh, the drama! It's the DIR forum and you guys keep calling a member a BOT probably because you don't like him. Mods tell you to stop and yet it continues. Grown-ups can easily ignore those they don't like and follow our ToS. It's what we do. However, if they're off-topic, report their posts so we can deal with that. Just don't be weird about it.

There are lots of people, forums, and threads on ScubaBoard. Spend time with those you like and avoid the rest. Casting aspersions and insults at anyone is not only petty and churlish: it escalates! Then it makes all of ScubaBoard look bad because you can't stop hating on an individual.

I found it and read it a bit. Of course, your post was Off Topic and deleted. Oh, the drama! It's the DIR forum and you guys keep calling a member a BOT probably because you don't like him. Mods tell you to stop and yet it continues. Grown-ups can easily ignore those they don't like and follow our ToS. It's what we do. However, if they're off-topic, report their posts so we can deal with that. Just don't be weird about it.

There are lots of people, forums, and threads on ScubaBoard. Spend time with those you like and avoid the rest. Casting aspersions and insults at anyone is not only petty and churlish: it escalates! Then it makes all of ScubaBoard look bad because you can't stop hating on an individual.
Is someone routinely calling out experienced divers without ever disclosing any information about the dives they’ve conducted or training they’ve received in your opinion in the best interest of your platform?

Is someone routinely calling out experienced divers without ever disclosing any information about the dives they’ve conducted or training they’ve received in your opinion in the best interest of your platform?
Really? You’re surprised that a thread on ScubaBoard will receive criticism from divers who have no basis for their criticism?

I see you’re new here. Welcome.

So why is this thread still here? it’s in site support, and Ironically a mod @Wookie asks if it can be moved.

So why is this thread still here? it’s in site support, and Ironically a mod @Wookie asks if it can be moved.
It’s a good question.

It’s kind of a dumb thread, but doesn’t meet the criteria for locking. It does tell us something about the participants though.

Is someone routinely calling out experienced divers
Why aren't you simply ignoring them?

We have a ToS... having "experience", like we can actually ascertain that, is not among the criteria listed for posting. We don't run people off of ScubaBoard because we disagree with or simply don't like them. We just don't do petty. We don't vet for truth. We don't vet for experience.

Castigating people is certainly against the ToS. Off-topic is similarly against the ToS. Stop engaging them when they post in a manner you don't agree with or like. If you see them castigating you or others, then please report that post rather than start a petty bicker battle that mods will have to clean up.
So why is this thread still here?
This whole thread is about site support, why would we move it? Where do you think it should go?

FWIW, my sister has stage 4 cancer, and I'm her caregiver. I don't get to be on here as much as I would like, so I'm directing my efforts elsewhere for a bit. Let's play nice, OK?

This whole thread is about site support, why would we move it? Where do you think it should go?
This whole thread is conspiracy, the pub
FWIW, my sister has stage 4 cancer, and I'm her caregiver. I don't get to be on here as much as I would like, so I'm directing my efforts elsewhere for a bit. Let's play nice, OK?
Sorry to hear what you and your family are going through.
I’m hoping there’s other moderators on this forum that have the ability to move threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom