"Bottom" three diving experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
You would think you would of figured it out after dive 2 at least. :wink:

I was FORCED into it. Mob rule.

Palau, a marine Lake, Dave. like diving in up-chuck but smelled like a rest-stop. And if that wasn't enough, the gelatinous amorphous low life forms rubbed themselves all over your body, while DM's yelled not to kick because you might "damage" them. AND they say croccodiles hang out in there and when you look down deep, it is all green and dark with deadly Hydrogen Sulfide killer-decay goop. Not my thing. Not the best viz, either. :light:

catherine96821:
I was FORCED into it. Mob rule.
LOL

OK Top 3

1: Almost killing myself on my first Ice dive

2: Watching my brother having issues on his first Ice dive.

3: Getting Bent

H2Andy:
1. off Key Largo, in 6 to 8 foot seas ... first dive more or less ok ... came out of the water ... hurl time ... hurl time .... hurl time ... wanted to die ... Marvel was chain-smoking next to me ... thanks, PAL! :wink:

I was totally at the back of the boat, pal..... Besides, I had to smoke to keep from sympathy barfing 'cause of you. :D

Fish_Whisperer:
Whoa... Don't be stingy, Jeff! You have to share the stories!
Like your Nitrox Class story?

My worst diving experience was at one of my favorite dive sites ... Day Island Wall.

It was a day when we were reminded of why they call 'em "predictions" ... the current wasn't doing anything remotely resembling what the charts said it was supposed to do, and in the Tacoma Narrows that can be serious.

Kicking for all we were worth just to make a bit of headway, I managed to get my heart pounding to the point where I could feel my pulse in my temples ... and suddenly it wasn't there. Nothing ... for the time when I should've had a couple of heartbeats ... then it suddenly was there again. Scared the livin' bejeebers outta me ... all I could think about was that I was on the cusp of a heart attack at 70 fsw in a strong current.

I rather quickly gave my buddy the "return to shore" signal and we aborted the dive. Turned out to be something called a PVC or some such nonsense. I guess it's not all that uncommon ... and not all that harmful ... but it was the first time it'd ever happened to me (that I was aware of, anyway).

Had a couple of doctor's visits and some heart tests, declared healthy and irrascible, and was back in the water in a few days. Haven't had the problem return since.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Jeff, why did you get bent, screw up? I bet Ice stories can get creepy....
whoa, Bob. Know what thats like. I'm all ablated though. PVC, PAC?
I have decided not to ever do aerobic workouts underwater if I can help it.

Yeah ... PVC ... thanks. Edited to correct ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

catherine96821:
Jeff, why did you get bent, screw up? I bet Ice stories can get creepy....
Kinda and yea :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom