Bottom Timer which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the Vytec no longer has seconds display :-(

The Mares Puck appears to show the bottom time in m:ss according to the manual, although I do wonder what happens at 60mins. I guess the range is real limited then :)

I use a Puck, minutes and seconds.

I did a 90 minute dive yesterday, it was displayed as minutes and seconds; NOT hours.

I don't know what happens past 99mins though - need me to go diving again? :)

Uwatec is the way to go. I like the average depth that can be used to calc NDL/deco from tables if needed. Don't know of any other DC/BT that give real time average depth during the dive.

So I actually ended up getting two of the Mares Icon HD's.
The reasons why were
a) I wanted two the same for myself and wifey, so cost WAS a factor
b) It needed to be easy to use for her - her complicated garmin HRM watch I bought her never gets used. This thing is very easy to drive
c) They were going cheap for $450 at scuba-toys as they could not be "upgraded" to the Air Integrated model - which I have no need for with DIR right?
d) They came with computer cable standard
e) The batteries are rechargeable
f) They are very bright and easy to read
g) They have a stop-watch in both bottom timer and "normal" modes
h) They provide "average" and "Max" depth indicators in normal and BT modes
i) They do air and 3 gas nitrox in computer mode that allows me to use them as a normal dive computer as I make the transition to DIR over the next 6 months
j) They also do electronic compass that actually stays on (unlike my previous suunto that kept switching off to preserve battery)
k) At that price, if I've made a major mistake I'll just eBay them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom