Bottom Timer which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I played with one, it still had a bottom timer option so they might be wrong. There's an air option, nitrox option, and bottom timer option. I haven't actually used it but I know it does have the feature.

I run a uwatec as a backup...often as my only "computer" depending on the profile. I will say that my last dive in the Cooper river I was thinking how awesome OLED would be. This may be my next BT. anyone want to buy an Uwatec 330 with about 40 dives on it :)

I went through a similar search about a year ago. At the time, I only found the Suunto Vytec and the Tec2g had seconds on the stopwatch function - this may have changed now of course. Of those 2 I found the Vytec easier to read - I use reading glasses - even with stick-on gauge readers.

I bought a Xen in March and really like the display in general, but the seconds are too small for me to read easily/quickly. I've made suggestions to LiquiVision for a screen layout for those of us with less than stellar near vision :D

Henrik

So the Vytec no longer has seconds display :-(

The Mares Puck appears to show the bottom time in m:ss according to the manual, although I do wonder what happens at 60mins. I guess the range is real limited then :)

Just buy a used one. I got my last one for less than $250.

So the Vytec no longer has seconds display :-(

The Mares Puck appears to show the bottom time in m:ss according to the manual, although I do wonder what happens at 60mins. I guess the range is real limited then :)

+1 on the Xen.

it has a stop watch and has "alternate" display modes that make the seconds quite big.

also, accessing the stop watch is incredibly easy.. you tap it on the left side 3 times to directly enable the special "stop watch" menu and one more tap stars its.. and when you want to reset, do the same..

I can start/reset the stop watch during a deco stop very very easy, even with thick dry gloves.

And nothing beats a big readable OLED color display.. (and colors are configurable too!!)

How about a $30 Casio watch, water resistant to 200 meters, in the stopwatch mode?

Here's the manual I found online. Talks about the bottom timer mode on pages 11-12: http://www.mares.com/common/__/2770.3c36b2b4.dl

I was getting excited for a minute, but the non-upgradeable version appears to NOT have the stopwatch function acfording to the Mares Website. But the manual says it does... Why would they remove the stopwatch funciton from the non-air integrated model, and have it in the air-integrated model??

"Stopwatch: No"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom