Bottom Timer which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll wait and see what happens to the price. Did the X1 ever come down?
I heard it recently dropped a few $100 bux. Not sure tho, I never really looked into it much, since I don't have a need for a dive computer.

I would... if I needed a new BT. Unless my main and my backup crap out, though, I'll pass. However priced at maybe as much as 400 I'd consider getting one. There's something of a mental issue with "500 bucks."

For a luxury bottom timer that I don't need: 0-400, okay maybe. 500-xx... probably not.

OTOH, I may be able to sell either of my current units since they're both nitrox computers. Shrug. I'll wait and see what happens to the price. Did the X1 ever come down?

Used ones will become available within six months at lower price points. GUE should then brace themselves for increased demand for fundamentals classes according to Rainer. :)

Used scuba gear tends to be about 50% of MSRP. I'd LOVE a BT with an OLED display for $250 used!

Used ones will become available within six months at lower price points.

Hope so!

Used scuba gear tends to be about 50% of MSRP.

Yah, but what's the markup from cost to MSRP? On fins, it's around 400% (I have that directly from a manufacturer). Computers I have no idea. I would guess sourcing the OLED is the biggest manufacturing cost.

I'd LOVE a BT with an OLED display for $250 used!

hell yah!

Used scuba gear tends to be about 50% of MSRP. I'd LOVE a BT with an OLED display for $250 used!

No kidding.

I have a Princeton Tech Bottom Timer in used but good condition.I would like $60 usd plus shipping. It is a manual bottom timer that activates on pressure. No batteries needed.

Chris, did it occur to you that people who can and will spend the money for this bottom timer can probably afford proper training, too? :)

I don't think anyone is going to buy these gauges and put off Fundies. But for those of us with old eyes, these things are priceless. (And in caves, as James points out, they have some major advantages.) You don't have to buy one, and students on a tight budget aren't going to. But if I didn't have an X1 already, I'd buy one.

If it proves more reliable than the X1 (almost everyone I know who has one has had issues with the depth sensor), then even better.

Pressure sensors are one of the top failure-points in dive instruments, and yes, Liquivision did experience growing pains with them. However, since switching from the traditional pressure sensor to the new ceramic one, we have had no failures. Additionally, the Liquivision manufacturing team also has created new test jigs which simulate 3 different extreme environments simultaneously (temperature, pressure, and impact). These two factors, combined with a handful of other changes, are proving to have dramatically increased reliability in all our products.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

Will the liquivision be switchable between imperial and metric? I'm slowly switching to metric, it'd be nice if it were user adjustable.
I just ordered gauges in BAR, I can switch my Nitek Duo between imperial and metric. I'd rather have user adjustability as opposed to having to be stuck with one option, as with the Uwatec
Resistance is futile...I'll eventually get one. ;-)
-Mitch

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom