Bought the Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fotta

Reaction score
After much agonizing and much research, I bought a 27# Halcyon rig. I can't wait to try it out though it's going to be in a pool the first few times due to the cold weather. So far I'm very impressed with the apparent quality of the gear though that is based on observation of the workmanship rather than actual use. I'll be sure to post my impressions.

You will love it. It is a great singles rig.

Dave D

I neglected to mention that the dive shop had a Halcyon and Transpac 2 on display side-by-side. Obviously I tried them both on and examined them pretty closely. The TP2 was also a nice setup and seemed to be sort of midway between a traditional BC and the minimalist Halcyon rig - padded back, fastex buckles, more cordura, padded straps. it was really quite nice and felt pretty comfy - I did not see anything wrong with it and if the Halcyon hadn't been beside it I would have thought that it was the ultimate in freedom. However, the Halcyon *did* feel noticeably more "open" when I A-B'ed the two rigs. And, it was significantly cheaper. Before any flames start coming in my direction, I want to be clear this was all based on observation 'out of the water' and I acknowledge that I am a newcomer to this sport.

you'll have any complaints with the Halcyon rig once you get it set up.

Take your time to get the harness adjusted - its not difficult but it does take some time to get it the way you like it.

Well, as luck would have it, the dive shop salesman and I are pretty much the same size and build. He had previously set it up for himself and thus it seems to be pretty optimized for my body too. Feels perfect so far - I'm looking forward to flying around under water. I'm sure I'll have questions about little setup tweaks here and there. I don't imagine that getting a bit of advice will be a problem :devil:

Let us know how you like that 27lb bladder. I was thinking about getting one for my BP.

I don't know what you dove before but if it was a jacket BCD you're gonna LOVE the freedom and streamlined fit of the Halcyon. Great system.

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom