BP&W question for doubles divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you're attempting to argue with me when your experience regarding needing a big wing with a lot of tanks is the same.

Hokay...

The nature of the original question posed tends to have an effect on how far the conversation ranges. Here, the OP speculated that perhaps the amount of gear carried justified the huge difference in wing capacities seen in two different diving cultures. That's bound to lead to a discussion of just how much gear would necessitate much over a 60lb wing.

I was more referring to the "you do what in a wetsuit?" trail :).

So you're attempting to argue with me when your experience regarding needing a big wing with a lot of tanks is the same.

Hokay...

Yeah, we're in agreement about the giant wing thing. I'm just pointing out that doing moderately long/deep ocean dives with 5-6 tanks plus a DPV is not drysuit-only territory, nor is it necessarily 'helium solves all our gas supply buoyancy problems' territory.

Yeah, we're in agreement about the giant wing thing. I'm just pointing out that doing moderately long/deep ocean dives with 5-6 tanks plus a DPV is not drysuit-only territory, nor is it necessarily 'helium solves all our gas supply buoyancy problems' territory.

I'm not saying all those dives are drysuit territory. 6 tanks is probably what I would take for a 30min exposure like you described. 1 bottom stage, 3 deco gases, plus 2 on my back. If I knew the bottom would be warm, I might do it in a wetsuit.

I will suggest that 7 bottle dives (plus backgas, making 9 total) is firmly into drysuit-land in all the but absolute warmest of environments. Cold on deco is bad.

Bungees on wings have a whole host of potential problems that you can easily search for.

ahh crap. So when i did a search for bungees on wings all I find is a bunch of forum posts about how dangerous they are without any real facts, or data to support why they are saying this. What's up with that? Do you think it's a system issue with google? I wonder if all the real case studies are buried under a mountain of opinion?

Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man, you just don't know where to look to find all the peer reviewed papers on bungee wings.

lrn2google

I think you're either a) trying argue for the sake of argument or b) are not versed in how to set up gear for an efficient deep dive.

I am not arguing for argument sake,because there is a point to be made. I do understand gear set up for deep diving too,but there are different set ups other than what you are currently using. Since this has become a moebius loop, nuff said.

Kelly, lots of people do lots of different things. That doesn't mean that all of those things are good ideas.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom