bp&w ( right shoulder)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike jj

owi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to find a wing with a right shoulder air dump, My left shoulder needs fixed and doesn't raise to well. I travel to dive and only dive singles, so I would like to find something lightweight. I've done a lot of searching with no luck, maybe such a thing does not exist.

Thanks Mike

I you get one with the valve elbow near the center, you can just cut the retaining strap and turn the elbow to the R instead of left. Looking at my Halcyon Evolve, it should work fine.

---------- Post added March 27th, 2014 at 09:24 AM ----------

Here's one from DSS (deepseasupply.com). It doesn't appear to have a retaining strap.
30135_IMAGE_LARGE.jpg

---------- Post added March 27th, 2014 at 09:25 AM ----------

Last edited:
The UTD alpha has a bottom left hose option, might work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll also want to rotate the inflator so the mouthpiece still faces you. You'll probably have to cut the zip-tie to get it to rotate, then put a new zip-tie on.

Are the regulators still going to feed from the right? You may want to give some thought to this.

Change out what you have with a pull-to-dump? Takes very little motion, and costs a bunch less. Plus, it keeps configuration what others would expect...

The solution is actually very simple.

Most Wings have a left shoulder inflator with a left hip pull dump valve.

1. Unscrew the inflator hose from the top and the dump valve from the bottom.
2. Replace the short string on the dump valve with about 12" of #18 or #24 braided nylon line.
3. Screw the inflator in on the left hip and the dump valve on the top.
4. Run the line from the dump valve to the right shoulder, under any appellets and tie loosely to the right shoulder D ring.
5. Tie a bolt snap to the inflator hose which now comes from the bottom left and clip it the the left D ring.
6. Now run your hoses as you did normally.

You inflate from the left and can even deflate in a head down position with the inflator, but for a head up position you simply pull on the line connected to the right D ring.

This configuration is identical to what many side mount divers use and is what comes standard on the Dive Rite Nomad.

Hope this helps.

T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike:

Just tell me which BC you want and I'll have it made for you. Trust me buddy, I feel your pain and can get this done, on me. I owe you that much in ice cream alone!

honestly, my Zeagle Stiletto LTD is my fave, in great part because of the right shoulder dump (and pockets for all my hooey) but it's also a fine piece of craftsmanship. For reasons unknown to me, they discontinued it. But go ahead and challenge me. I'll bet I can get one for you.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom