BP/W vs Sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey man I am north of charlotte and would love to have someone let me see the gear. My shop has some but I don't always have the ability to be at the shop. They are just getting into doing sidemount stuff too, with their first rigs coming in only 2 weeks or so ago.

hold off buying. I will be up there around christmas and can show you some stuff in person. shoot me a pm and I'll send me contact info over to you

hold off buying. I will be up there around christmas and can show you some stuff in person. shoot me a pm and I'll send me contact info over to you
Thanks man that means a lot to me being that you're willing to help a stranger like that. That's what I have really been looking for is good people like you! Working on getting a Reg set and computer at the moment. Probably will not get a harness until after Christmas anyway. I will shot you a message.

I dive sidemount with an sms75 - basically it's an sms100 with ed cave mods in a nice retail package. I'm 25 and between IT and doubles my back was already dying, sidemount allows me to carry my tanks 1 at a time or however I want and actually be able to function. It's not for everyone but it is for me. That said you should look at many different types of gear because everyone is different and what one person uses may not work for you and vise versa. BTW I saw in your other thread you are taking cave this summer - Good Luck - it's hard but it's worth it.

I dive sidemount with an sms75 - basically it's an sms100 with ed cave mods in a nice retail package. I'm 25 and between IT and doubles my back was already dying, sidemount allows me to carry my tanks 1 at a time or however I want and actually be able to function. It's not for everyone but it is for me. That said you should look at many different types of gear because everyone is different and what one person uses may not work for you and vise versa. BTW I saw in your other thread you are taking cave this summer - Good Luck - it's hard but it's worth it.
Probably just going to take sidemount and cavern. I am excited though!

I use the UTD alpha/delta wing as pictured in decompression's post but mine is able to
use 2 cam bands on the back. Not sure if his is an earlier version, mine bolts though the
wing at the top and bottom for a sta or bp. I had no issues in the Caribbean the last 2
weeks . Haven't tried it bm, Hope I never need to...

I use the UTD alpha/delta wing as pictured in decompression's post but mine is able to
use 2 cam bands on the back. Not sure if his is an earlier version, mine bolts though the
wing at the top and bottom for a sta or bp. I had no issues in the Caribbean the last 2
weeks . Haven't tried it bm, Hope I never need to...

Similar wing, yours has bolt holes for BM, this is only SM but has more lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KIMG0066 (480x640).jpg

Mine says 30# lift and has 2" nylon webbing at the bottom, where the majority
of the lift is, that can be tightened up to work as a smaller doughnut wing for
backmount I am 5' 10" and 155# but it's pretty adjustable. Razor style web
harness with the 2 tiny alum. backplates. Heck you would think I was trying
to sell you one...I was really happy how balanced it felt from the first dive.
So maybe a good solution if you want to bm. again...only you can say...
cheers!

Can a bp/w do both or is it mostly for back mounted doubles?

This is discussed at the moment at Cave Divers Forum: "
DIY low cost SM harness for cold water".

My humble opinion is, that a hogarthian harness and a backplate can well be used as basis of backmount (rebreather, doubles and singles) and sidemount diving.

Please do not go too small places with any gear configuration
:no:

TK

Back
Top Bottom