BP/W with one piece harness NOT for everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol this is an older thread and believe it or not, we still haven't purchased our bcd's yet! (BTW, I'm the OP) Life got busy, crap happens...you know the drill! Anyway, now that I've got some time now to revisit this, here I am back on scubaboard!

I know everything's a compromise and nothing will be perfect...and considering our trend (reality) has been only 1-2 trips down south per year, I think it makes the most sense now to opt for something like a travel bcd. I'm thinking about the Oceanic Biolite at the moment, but also looking at the oh so sexy Scubapro Hydros Pro and Tranpac XT.

Most dive shops I've come across so far only rent the jacket style bcds. I had to drive 1.5 hrs to try a bpw setup. I doubt I'll get a chance to try anything else, although my LDS might have the Biolite and Scubapro Hydros for me to try in the pool. Fingers crossed for THE ONE!

If you're looking for something light for travel check out the Oxycheq
http://www.caveadventurers.com/store/cave-adventurers-harness-oxycheq-wing-and-ultra-lite-plate.html

I just saw the Aqualung Outlaw which also looks pretty interesting. It is ridiculously light and modular. Haven't laid hands on one though. There's another thread on here with people discussing it. It's still fairly new and I'm curious how much weight the plastic attachments can support.

I just saw the Aqualung Outlaw which also looks pretty interesting. It is ridiculously light and modular. Haven't laid hands on one though. There's another thread on here with people discussing it. It's still fairly new and I'm curious how much weight the plastic attachments can support.

Aqualung "decided" to specifically market the Outlaw to "experienced" divers. From their promotional materials to videos, etc. they say it's for more experienced divers...personally I think that's a misstep as they've purposefully excluded the whole beginners' market. Why any marketing team would do that is beyond me! Anyway, I don't quite understand why a beginner shouldn't use it, given they have the option of 25lbs lift. Maybe I'm just too "beginner" to know...and I'm not even gonna mention the "badass" image thing...come on, who is in charge of marketing?

Putting all that aside, I'd like to see someone review or demonstrate it in a video to see what it's all about. It might actually be what I'm looking for!

Back
Top Bottom