Brand new Geo display reverts to "ooOFF"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matador

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello there,

I just unwrapped my new Geo and after playing around with it setting it up and familiarizing my self with its functions I noticed that the main time display disappears after 2 minutes and reverts to a blank display with the lazy 8 and OFF at the top. I tried to search the manual and had a long search here for any help but no luck.

If anyone has a clue what the problem is I would be really grateful. I was just so excited to get my new toy but not so much anymore :-(

thanks

Assuming you have the original Geo vs the 2.0. 2 minutes on google indicates that the "lazy 8" refers to "alternate time" and OFF appears to mean alternate time is off.

See page 23 and 24 of your manual (or download it from Oceanic Worldwide - Research and Compare the latest Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear if you don;t have it handy)

The manual does however say that the display should default to MANI TIME after 2 minutes so it's always possible something is still wrong.

an old post here on the same topic:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oceanic/300863-oceanic-geo-mystery-symbol-log-mode.html

Hi Sean,
thanks for your reply.
I already had a look at the manual and indeed this symbol (lazy 8) if it is next to time indicates alternate time and next to OFF indicates that alternate time is switched off.
The issue is that this symbol next to OFF (as I have disabled alternate time) should disappear from the main screen after 2 minutes and not stay on for ever. At the moment I see no time or any other indicators apart from "ooOFF" at the top of the screen. Pressing M once reverts to the normal time display but after 2 minutes I am back back to "ooOFF". I hope I have explained the issue correctly.

(yes, I do have the GEO - not GEO 2.0)

ok, I found what the problem was. I had set the alternate time as main time. hence when the watch was coming back to its "original" status after 2 minutes it was displaying the alternate time that I had it as off, if that makes sense. I have now set back the main time as the default time and no issues. Doh ....

I just posted the "solution" in case someone is silly enough like me.

thanks guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom