Brandon Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hex

Reaction score
Just curious is anyone dives Brandon Quarry? I see its much closer to me than Haigh, but it seems like all the Lds's go to Haigh. Is the diving in Brandon just not that good? Any info would be much appreciated, Thanx in advance

I don't like Brandon. The water level has dropped significantly in the past few years. The neighborhood it is in sucks. If you dive there, don't leave anything out and expect your car to get vandalized. The owners tried putting up a fence, but the kids in the area kept tearing it down. Haigh is much nicer and friendlier. Parking is really bad. I'm surprised that there aren't more cars in there. :)

Duane

Brandon isn't actually a public facility. A few shops were leasing access to the place. As was said, the water level is down and it's almost undivable at the moment

Check with Chicagoland SCUBA in Lake Zurich IL, they were one of the last shops to be using Brandon. There was a newer BMW driven off the wall last time I was there it had a laptop shoved into the gas ped. so that made it interesting other than that the only other thing I found interesting was a schoolbus that was redy to take a tumble about 20 feet deeper if someone bumbs it just right.

I know that Visibility Unlimited uses Brandon as well. I'm not sure Chicagoland Scuba uses it anymore. They may.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom