breakfast choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
Another breakfast question (none of us drink coffee, so that isn't a big deal for us!)...how much are breakfasts more or less and what is on offer? We aren't huge breakfast eaters and loved some of the unusual offerings at some of the small places when we were in Puerta Vallarta a few years ago.

Most days will want something to get us through til lunch...not a linger over breakfast type (though we have some great suggestions for those!)

Breakfast will run you anywhere from $2 to $6 USD average.

You can expect to find eggs any way you want them, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, fruit plates, yogurt and granola, cereal, breakfast tacos, etc.

Some local specialties are Eggs Motulenos, Divorced Eggs, Eggs with Mole Poblana, and Chilaquiles...all very good. Each place has thier own little way of making these things, but you can find descriptions of them on the menus.

I also love the Museum for breakfast.

Hope this helps!

Ernestos is always a good choice for breakfast or lunch after your dives. also go to the museum for breakfast, the resraurant is on the second level on a covered out door patio, we try and make it there at least a couple of times on days when we are not diving.
have a great trip
God bless,
sharky

Is this place still open. Two weeks ago in passing by in a taxi, it did not appear to be there anymore

divematt:
Are any of these breakfast places open at 6:30 am. I need to be back at the PLG pier by 7:30.

I know that Coco's opens at 6:00 am (closed on Mondays) They are 1 block back from the water in the plaza. Some landmarks for you if you don't know where it is...next to Pro-Dive and BanaMex, across from Prima, just north in the square. They have a teal colored awning and will have a couple of tables on the sidewalk

I THINK Waffle house opens at 6:30 and Rock-n-Java at 6:30 or 7:00

leiserom:
Is this place still open. Two weeks ago in passing by in a taxi, it did not appear to be there anymore

2 doors down. They are in the same center, but in the corner spot next to Dive Paradise now.

alcina:
Have been reading a lot of threads and finding lots of great restaurants to try during our first time in Coz! We might need more days just to eat!

But I haven't seen much about breakfast...we will be diving part of the time so would like recommendations for early risers and for those days we want to sleep in.

At this stage we are staying at Caribe Blu.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

We stayed at Caribe Blu and had breakfast every morning at the resturant above Blu Angel Dive shop- it was good and the view can't be beat!! You will have a great time- Caribe Blu was perfect for us- we really like the atmosphere of a small hotel
really got to know everyone who was staying there- I have to admit some very good friends of ours bought 1/2 of Blue Angel Dive Shop so we are a little biased!!! Can not wait to go back!!

Christi:
Postcards have been mailed! I hope all is well with you and Mia! Stay in touch!

Thank you for mailing the postcards Christi! It was a pleasure diving with you. Jeff and I will definitely keep in touch.

Mia

Back
Top Bottom