breakfast choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5615mike:
Waffle house moved a few doors to the north. Have never been all that impressed with them anyway. Been twice and it was ok. Ernestos IMO is even better. The best breakfast we have found is Cocos. Very reasonable and quite good. We never miss it or Ernestos on those few days we don't dive.

Coco's is the best breakfast on the island (closed Monday's) AND they have good coffee. The reason you can't find good coffee on the island is that most restaurants serve instant coffee.

I too wish there was a Starbucks. I OD on Starbucks when I am in the states so tha I don't have the bad cravings for it here. I also keep stocked on coffee beans and grind my own fresh beans daily for good coffee.

The best breakfast we had was at the cafe at Caribe Blu.

The most disappointing was Jeannie's. The frozen waffles in my freezer taste better!

Glad to see that you're leaning towards Caribe Blu.

I keep saying it, but now that I've finished moving, I am going to write up a trip report one of these days... Restaurant reviews and all. Dining was NOT a very good experience for us this last trip.

Natasha:
I agree with cxg. I personally like all his choices.

LOL Actually Natasha, my name's Angie, but thanks for the back-up on my breakfast choices. :wink:

I also have to ditto the other's wishes for a Starbucks on the island--heck they have everything else, why not? Might be a good franchise opportunity for someone with the time and cash-ola to pursue it.

Hi Angie!

We ate at Jeannies for breakfast 2 times when I was there May 1st to the 8th.
Her new place is huge! The whole back is the water view and very nice. It's just south of the Baracudda, as was said.
I thought the food was good. I also agree the coffee needs help. But anyone that likes Starbucks..like I do, would have to think most places fall short.

cxg31s:
...I also have to ditto the other's wishes for a Starbucks on the island--heck they have everything else, why not? Might be a good franchise opportunity for someone with the time and cash-ola to pursue it.

Stephanie and her partner and I looked into it. We were dead serious too!

Starbuck's sells licenses, not actually franchises. We were informed that there is a licensee in Mexico who has the rights to the island already. When they will open up this market, we have no clue.

Stephanie wrote a very convincing argument to them about why we need a Starbuck's here and why Punta Langosta would be an "A" site with all the cruise ship traffic alone! They wrote a nice e-mail back saying they would keep Cozumel in mind.

SO, while it doesn't look like a Starbuck's is in the immediate future for Cozumel, I think we will have one someday! I bet cancun and Playa get one first though :(

Christi:
Stephanie and her partner and I looked into it. We were dead serious too!

Starbuck's sells licenses, not actually franchises. We were informed that there is a licensee in Mexico who has the rights to the island already. When they will open up this market, we have no clue.

Stephanie wrote a very convincing argument to them about why we need a Starbuck's here and why Punta Langosta would be an "A" site with all the cruise ship traffic alone! They wrote a nice e-mail back saying they would keep Cozumel in mind.

SO, while it doesn't look like a Starbuck's is in the immediate future for Cozumel, I think we will have one someday! I bet cancun and Playa get one first though :(

Well I had a feeling I wasn't the only one who had thought about this--I wish whoever owns the rights would hurry up already! If they opened in Punta Langosta, they'd have to have TWO shops to handle the traffic they'd get! All this talk about Starbucks is making me drool--think I'll run downstairs and get a white chocolate mocha. :wink:

The last day in Coz, we had the cabbie stop at Subway. (We even bought the cabbie one for his tip) It was great to open a fresh sandwich up on the plane, while eveyone else got pretzels.

Moodiejeff:
The best breakfast we had was at the cafe at Caribe Blu.

The most disappointing was Jeannie's. The frozen waffles in my freezer taste better!

Glad to see that you're leaning towards Caribe Blu.

I keep saying it, but now that I've finished moving, I am going to write up a trip report one of these days... Restaurant reviews and all. Dining was NOT a very good experience for us this last trip.

Postcards have been mailed! I hope all is well with you and Mia! Stay in touch!

Does it HAVE to be a starbucks? There are lots and LOTS of coffee places locally that seem to do a good business. Or is starbucks just that much better? I don't do coffee, so I don't know. It does seem like the cruise ship pier shopping areas would be an ideal place for a coffee place, especially where the Princess ships dock as so many people seem to complain about the poor quality of coffee Princess serves on their ships

Another breakfast question (none of us drink coffee, so that isn't a big deal for us!)...how much are breakfasts more or less and what is on offer? We aren't huge breakfast eaters and loved some of the unusual offerings at some of the small places when we were in Puerta Vallarta a few years ago.

Most days will want something to get us through til lunch...not a linger over breakfast type (though we have some great suggestions for those!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom