breakfast choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Have been reading a lot of threads and finding lots of great restaurants to try during our first time in Coz! We might need more days just to eat!

But I haven't seen much about breakfast...we will be diving part of the time so would like recommendations for early risers and for those days we want to sleep in.

At this stage we are staying at Caribe Blu.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

alcina:
Have been reading a lot of threads and finding lots of great restaurants to try during our first time in Coz! We might need more days just to eat!

But I haven't seen much about breakfast...we will be diving part of the time so would like recommendations for early risers and for those days we want to sleep in.

If you're staying at Caribe Blu, then I would recommend Temptations (next to Papa Hogs dive shop) or Hogtown Cafe (across the street from Papa Hogs) for the days you will be diving.

For the days you won't be diving, you can hike down to Jeannie's Waffle House or Rock n Java, or cab it to del Museo.

Have a great time! :)

I agree with cxg. I personally like all his choices.

And yes, you do need more days just to fit all the good restaurants in. :winky:

alcina:

If you want to sleep in and dive on the same day, you can get breakfast right above the dive shop.

James

cxg31s:
If you're staying at Caribe Blu, then I would recommend Temptations (next to Papa Hogs dive shop) or Hogtown Cafe (across the street from Papa Hogs) for the days you will be diving.

For the days you won't be diving, you can hike down to Jeannie's Waffle House or Rock n Java, or cab it to del Museo.

Is Jeanie's still there? I've never been there, but I remember seeing the sign (IIRC) in the gap between Acuario and the Servi Playa. That whole area has changed drastically over the past year; the Servi Playa has been moved farther south and the gap is being filled by a new development of some sort. Darwin (Coz Equalizers) had his waterfront shop in there last year, but it is gone now, along with the rest of that building.

ggunn:
Is Jeanie's still there? I've never been there, but I remember seeing the sign (IIRC) in the gap between Acuario and the Servi Playa. That whole area has changed drastically over the past year; the Servi Playa has been moved farther south and the gap is being filled by a new development of some sort. Darwin (Coz Equalizers) had his waterfront shop in there last year, but it is gone now, along with the rest of that building.

I'm not sure if it is still open, but I do know that we passed by it when we went into town last month. There's a big waffle-man sign out in front, and I think it shares the space with some taco place. I could be wrong, but I think it's just a little South of the Hotel Barracuda.

Mel

and this seems to be an appropriate thread for it.

Is there a Starbucks on the island?

Call me a coffee snob if you will, but I was fiending for Starbucks after a week in Coz last month. The first thing I did when landing in Charlotte on the return trip back, after clearing customs, was head to Starbucks in the airport.

Mel

alcina:

There is a snack bar upstairs over the dive shop (Blue Angel) adjacent to Caribe Blu that opens at 7:30. I never got breakfast there, but others in my group did and they said it was pretty good. It's very convenient to the hotel, anyway.

Cheers,

The one complaint I have about coz, and I mean the ONLY one is that I couldn't find a really good cup of coffee anywhere. The first time I was there i had a full kitchen with a coffee maker so I brought my own coffee from home and didn't drink any outside. This last time I didn't and I realized that ALL the coffee served, that I had, was very weak. I do like stong coffee like starbucks. I didn't see any starbucks, at least not in san miguel. Next time I go down I will bring a coffee making contraption with me along with my own coffee. As far as breakfasts go, I liked Rock&java better than jeannies. I also liked the place over the museum...really nice place to have breakfast with a beautiful view of the ocean. Also, La Choza has a VERY good breakfast for around 35 pesos. They all pretty much open at 7 am but that is definitely island time.

Waffle house moved a few doors to the north. Have never been all that impressed with them anyway. Been twice and it was ok. Ernestos IMO is even better. The best breakfast we have found is Cocos. Very reasonable and quite good. We never miss it or Ernestos on those few days we don't dive.

Back
Top Bottom